cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap and nasty phones

N/A

Cheap and nasty phones

Well you may have a point about the Binatone phones. :lol: .. although these ones weren't even that cheap!

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to order a couple of XF-1e filters (with thanks to the earlier poster who included a handy link) and see if there is any improvement before I investigate better phones.
11 REPLIES
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

Hi,

I've had plusnet for a few weeks and am generally pleased with it although since I have had the broadband two of the three phones in my house have started whistling and giving feedback when used.

They are both wireless BT handsets linked into a single base station, the other phone which is a traditional 'wire into wall' phone does not have the feedback problem.

Is this a known problem with DECT phones and is there a fix/recommended replacement?

TIA

Al
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

There is a known problem with SOME DECT phones and ADSL, not sure why, and to be honest not sure of a fix for it, last person I heard had the same problem, had to go and buy new phones which worked perfectly, bit extreme tho.

Have you got a different ADSL filter from a friend you could try with them, it may just be that your filters are a bit tired (so to speak) or a different make may be more suitable?
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

Thanks,

I have got two filters from BT and one from Scan and could probably swap them around to see if that helps.

Do you (or anyone else) know which phone makes/models are less susceptible to this interference or which filters are better at helping to cut it out if the filter swap doesn't work.

TIA

Alan
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

I have BT Syngergy 700 sets, just the two from one base, and my microfilters are ANCIENT, but still work very well made by Excelsus Technologies.

But have a try with someone else's filter, or even their dect phone if they are generous enough lol, fingers crossed and keep us posted!
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

Dect phones normally suffer problems with ADSL, if either the filters are not of good quality, faulty or there is a fault with the line.

Do you get a whistling etc sound when only the phone is connected to the master socket?
Community Veteran

DECT Phone Issue

It tends to be a combination of filter and DECT phone - i.e. some DECT phones will work fine with some filters and not others.

The ones I recommend which have fixed similar DECT issues in the past are:

Excelsus Z-420UK-A Dynamic ADSL Microfilter or the XF-1e Professional ADSL Microfilter.
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

yep, thats the excelsus that I have peter, works a treat
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

I have to agree with Peter on the choice of filters, I use both and they are very good. I would edge towards the XF-1e, but it's only personal preference.
N/A

DECT phones

I was so pleased to find this thread today! Cheesy Because our conversion to ADSL happened around the same time as we had developed a genuine problem with the phone cable to the house, we were never sure if there was a compatibility problem with our DECT phones or just a temperamental line. Now I know that trying new filters might help at least.

For your info, the combination of Binatone e3250 phones and Dynamode filters is not a happy one... The phones will only work within about 6 feet of the base station, which rather takes away the point of having the things.

Now if anyone can advise what filter will work with this make of phone I will be extremely happy...? Alternatively, how long will a filter keep going before it needs replacement?
N/A

DECT Phone Issue

I would try the XF-1e, it's a very good filter.

As for how long a filter will last, never heard that question asked before. I guess a good few years. There isn't a great deal inside a filter, but the better quaility one, obviously have a better design, parts and thus will last longer.

Cheesy
N/A

Re: DECT phones

For your info, the combination of Binatone e3250 phones and Dynamode filters is not a happy one...

I found the combination of "Binatone" and "Telephone" in the same paragraph a total mismatch. Nothing to do with ADSL, mine played up just as bad before I ever had ADSL. But they are cheap and you get what you pay for in this case.