Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install active x to view +net webcams

KJS
Grafter

This is the report I get

Axis ActiveX Camera Control
The AXIS ActiveX Camera Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.

I have lowered my security settings to non existent, but still the same message.

Any ideas

Keith
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've had this before on a win 98 machine but can't remember how I cured it Cry
I recall searching and downloading some active x software for camera control but I can't find it again.
If I manage to come up with the cure I will post back here, but if anyone else knows then please share your knowledge :roll:
Alecto
Grafter

I've just tried to look at the webcams and got exactly the same message, though I looked at them yesterday with no problem.

Could it be that Plusnet has changed something?
Community Veteran

This link may be of some use. Smiley

Thomas
Community Veteran

Ive just found the download again that I used and just tied it on another machine Get it from here It seems to make it work fine.
Community Veteran

Well at least the front door one works ok the others just give me a white screen now.
Not the black one and message though that I had before so it looks like the camms are down as well. Cry
KJS
Grafter

Thanks everyone, trying the solutions given now.
KJS
Grafter

John I now have the same as you, a problem at plusnet somewhere I think!

I am now also getting the security warning about content on the portal front page everytime, I am sure that is new as well. Is there a way of avoiding having to click on that everytime.

Once again thanks every one - these forums together with the upaid mods and contributors - and the support from plusnet generally are the reason I will stay with plusnet, have been with them for 2yrs and have not yet had cause to regret it, crossing fingers hurriedly Wink
Alecto
Grafter

And a very nice front door it is too.

I've tried again on the front door and this time it downloaded some stuff and worked ok. No idea why this time and not last.

The other cams just give the white screen though, so something at Plusnet's end.
Community Veteran

I am now also getting the security warning about content on the portal front page everytime, I am sure that is new as well. Is there a way of avoiding having to click on that everytime.

Keith
I think you will find the security warning is because you have visited a secure page and then move on to another one like this page in the forums. The secure code seems to stick with you.

Have a look in the address bar and see if if the address ends in an s.
If it does then just edit out the s and the warnings should go.

What I do is get to the forums without going via a secure option on the portal and then save that as a favorite. This avoids the secure warning coming up.
Community Veteran

Have a look in the address bar and see if if the address ends in an s.
If it does then just edit out the s and the warnings should go.

The above could be misunderstood. What John means is does the address start with https or http. If it's https, remove the s and the warnings will no longer appear.
KJS
Grafter

Absolutely spot on , thankyou Peter & John.

Keith