cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband out of action - Maxdsl?

N/A

I have had no broadband connection since last Wednesday (19/04).
Checked my emails using dial-up and received an email from Plusnet on Wednesday stating my line has been upgraded. Is it a coincidence that the day my line gets upgraded I no longer have connection?
Customer Service is next to useless as I have had to wait over 40 minutes each time to speak to someone but are then been told there is a problem at my end and is nothing to do with Plusnet!!
Have tried a reinstalling the driver, updating the driver and trying another modem (Voyager 105) but still no use.
Has anyone else had this problem since being upgraded?
I running Mac OS 10.4 and using Voyager 105 Modem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Jon.
2 REPLIES
doakdom

I have also lost my broadband, and am suffering the same useless level of customer support from PlusNet. Although they say my line has not been upgraded on the day it stopped working my router starting reporting that I was connected at 8000kbs rather than the 2000kbs I had been used to. In my case the connection seems to be there, it just doesnt work. I have had a few 40 minute waits to talk to someone, but am also getting nowhere. Is there any settings that need to change when the lines are upgraded? Perhaps there is something to change on my router? Is your line working yet?
N/A

Hi,
I totally agree the customer service level is extremely poor. I resorted to sending emails in the end as I was sick and tired of waiting on the phone running up my phone bill.
The good news is my line is now working, the bad news is it took 38 days to sort it out which is incredible. So I'm afraid there may be a long wait. The only thing I can suggest is make sure its not your equipment which is causing the fault, by testing different modems (it wasn't the reason on my problem but they seemed to want to blame my equipment rather than admit it was their fault) and then just email them every day asking for an update if nothing has been done. There will be plenty of "Fault reported to BT" emails coming back without the problem being resolved, but just keep persisting.
My modem was saying there was an ADSL connection but was reporting errors that it couldn't contact the PPP server.
I am currently trying to get some money out of them for the time my line was out of action and also the cost incurred of having to use PAYG dial-up during that time, but seem to be getting nowhere.
Hope this helps,
Jon.