cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bowlers Exhibition Centre

N/A

Anyone been to a Saturday computer fair at Bowlers Exhibition Centre Manchester.
If so whats it like ?
It's a 120 mile round trip for me, If it's just a couple of trestle tables with some old tat being flogged off then I won't bother going.
Hopefully it's more than that, something like they have at Wolverhamton race course.
My local ones are total rubbish, and there always some idiot stall holder who insists on playing some obscure music at ear shattering volume.
6 REPLIES
N/A

The last time I went, was about a year ago. I dont know if it has changed much but it was definitely worth it. I don't know what kind of stuff you're after but it becomes pretty obvious pretty quick what stuff is knock off, etc... If i was you, get there early before all the good stuff goes. And consider going back near the end to pick up any stuff they might want to get rid of. Whilst you're up here, might be worth visiting Microdirect and Aria

Have fun Cool
N/A

Oh man lol. Just make sure you test everything before you buy and if you cant dont buy it lol. Watch out for the pirate dudes outside, if there still there. I havent been in years but man the place was full of bootlegs.

Some pretty good stuff in there its just finding it in the mass of dodgy tradesmen.

Oh yeah, dont buy CMOS batteries lol. Even if they swear they are not all empty, they are lol Wink
N/A

Thanks guys, stuff that I'm after is a couple of cases, optical and hard drives, some wireless network cards and various cables, so I reckon I'll go then, and yes, I'll def take a look at Aria. Been promising myself to do that, I've been watching their prices of TFT screens tumble over the last year or so.
N/A

Just get the factory sealed drives and you will be sorted. Even then if they dont work in some cases the manufacturer will do a like for like replacement aslong as its in the 3 year warranty period or whatever. Obviously a receipt is needed for this, although not all the time.
N/A

Try the stoke-on-trent bowlers market at Stoke-on-Trent

Trentham Gardens
Stone Road, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8AX

Next Shows
BANK HOLIDAY
MON 29th MAY 10am-3pm
SUN 25th JUNE 10am-3pm

or

Stoke-on-Trent
Fenton Manor
City Road, Fenton Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 2RR

Next Show
SUN 11th JUNE 10am-3pm
The trentham one is better, but both are good and its nearer than Manchester.
N/A

I went up to Manchester, the organiser sent me a couple of free tickets.
Yeah, it was worth the trip, just for the day out, somewhere different to go.
The fair was good, loads of stalls. One even selling pots and pans, wasn't expecting that.
Got what I went for at acceptable prices, my son was well pleased with his bright yellow case. And I spent a happy time looking through a huge pile of old mobo's and various agp and pci cards.
Definitely go again