cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting from CD in the BIOS

worcsdave
Grafter

Hi - can anyone tell me how to boot from a CD in the BIOS?! I have received a 'deep boot scanner' which apparently gets rid of any well-hidden spyware, but the instructions for using it are less than useful - it just says 'to run boot scanner ensure pc is set to boot from cd in the bios and start pc'
Er - how do i check that my pc IS set to boot from cd in the bios?

(Another whole topic would be 'what is the bios' - but I won't go there just now)

Cheers
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

During booting just after turning on, get in to the Bios by pressing the Delete key. Then change the Boot sequence it will probably be Floppy/HDD/CD, change it so the Cd is first.

On the reboot with the Cd in the drive you will see the option Boot from CD press any key, for about 5 seconds Only.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

The BIOS controls what devices the PC will look for and the order it will look in order to boot an operating system.

Just go through the various BIOS screens and find where it defines the 1st, 2nd & 3rd boot devices and change it so the CDROM is the 1st, floppy is the 2nd and hard disk is the 3rd.