cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Idea

N/A

Bluetooth Idea

I don't know very much about Bluthtooth but i was looking on ebay and i see you can get these Usb bluetooth dongle things for like £6 include P&P.

Could anyone tell me if this would work if i brought 2 dongles and put one on my main pc and one on my laptop would i be able to use it for wireless networking like sharing files & Internet connection ? its mainly internet but...

Is bluetooth like Wifi but obviously slower ?

One last question or is bluetooth not used for this kind of thing and i should be looking for Wifi adapters instead ?

I want to basically create the simplist wireless network ever between 2 pcs.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Bluetooth Idea

you could indeed use bluetooth but its really quite slow, aprox 1mb/s(which 100KB/s) but usuayl its a lot slower than that - it also doesnt have that greater range, maybe at best a couple of feet. sharing the internet would be much better done usin a wireless setup not bluetooth to be honest.
N/A

Bluetooth Idea

As above, bluetooth is awfully slow for tranferring data. I used it to get a mp3 onto a mobile phone once, and it took like forever.

I believe you can create a peer-to-peer network with a couple of wireless dongles, but I've never tried that (only with aan access point).
N/A

Bluetooth Idea

some wireless cards can act as a WAP so maybe you should look into that
N/A

Bluetooth Idea

Cool cheers

Erm just another newbish question about wireless, Can i have a WIFI USB Dongle thing and then have another Wifi Usb dongle on laptop and they both connect like a Wireless LAn or do i have to buy a wireless router so they all connect together ?

The reason why i really want to avoid getting a wireless router is security issues and i only really need 2 PCs to connect together i mean its not that important but it would be nice to network my laptop without cable.

Cheers for Replies though Smiley
Community Veteran

Bluetooth Idea

some wireless cards can act as a WAP so maybe you should look into that

that's interesting -- got any links you can post?