cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big PC Prob

N/A

Big PC Prob

Hello all.

I tried to install Norton Antivirus 2003 9.0v last night and all seemed to be going well until my PC decided to take a turn for the worse...

Once it had finished installing, my desktop went back to the way it was when I had first created different profiles for the family, so all my customisable icons had gone...not such a major problem I thought....

Then I tried to open up Word, but I got an error message saying the file could not be opened because the program did not exist anymore :? Other programs opened up fine, it was just Word...

Then(!) it seemed like everything had gone back to its default settings, such as:

1) Having to 'unhide' the program folders when looking through my computer
2) Enterting Information (personal/preferences) into Windows Media Player before being able to use it

These aren't that bad but the biggest problem is the Internet. My PC assumes I haven't got an Internet connection and brings up the wizard everytime I try to open up an Internet Explorer page and I have no idea what to do since everything is already installed. I am only able to type this message since I am using Kazaa Lite's web browser, not windows. I can't even go to the query page on here since it tries to bring up a separate IE window and therefore the wizard...

Sorry for the long post, just I am running out of ideas! Help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Wink

(I am on ADSL with PlusNet, have Windows ME and am running my connection through an ethernet port and modem)
1 REPLY
N/A

Big PC Prob

1st have u rebooted again?
2nd uninstall NAV
3rd update ME to XP or downgrade to 98SE as ME is the WORSE OS ever

Buz