cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Internet browser

Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Best Internet browser

Ok people what do we all use im a firefox man.....
25 REPLIES
Njal
Grafter

Best Internet browser

Firefox here too, with these two extensions:

Tab X (Adds a close button to each browser tab)
New Tab Homepage (Loads home page when you open a new tab)

Regards

Neil
N/A

Best Internet browser

I remember we had had a poll on these forums before and firefox won by a fair margin. Firefox is the best tbh..

Surely nobody still uses IE?!
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Best Internet browser

going to have to have a look for this extension!
New Tab Homepage (Loads home page when you open a new tab)
shellsong
Grafter

Best Internet browser

At the moment I'm using Firefox with Tab Mix Plus and Adblock all in a delicious coating of Linux Wink
Community Veteran

Best Internet browser

I remember we had had a poll on these forums before and firefox won by a fair margin. Firefox is the best tbh..

Surely nobody still uses IE?!

Indeed, IIRC I started it. I use Firefox / Safari Mainly and occaisionally opera I have to use exploder at college though Sad.
Denzil
Grafter

Best Internet browser

Firefox every time, under W***ows at work and Suse 10 linux at home.
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Best Internet browser

shellsong
Grafter

Best Internet browser

Nice list! They missed one that I use when I want to do online stuff with my Treo 650 PDA/mobile though-- Opera Mini!

It's much better than Blazer!
holdtight
Grafter

Best Internet browser

Anyone used portable firefox from a flash drive ?

not had the chance to try it yet is it the same as the desktop version, are there any useful features / functions missing or added come to that
thejudge
Grafter

Best Internet browser

I'm using Opera (for most things) and SeaMonkey for a site I visit every day which doesn't support it (yes, mlb.com, I mean you!).

If SM was as quick as Opera, then I'd probably have stuck with SM. Opera's a lot quicker, but the configuration isn't as easy.

In the last couple of years, I've only used IE for Windows Updates, and as I'm running W98SE, there aren't any of those anymore.
N/A

Best Internet browser

Anyone used portable firefox from a flash drive ?

not had the chance to try it yet is it the same as the desktop version, are there any useful features / functions missing or added come to that
I've used it a fair bit. It's slow (but I've been using USB 1.0) but appears to have all functionality. I haven't bothered installing lots of extensions like I do at home (but I can't live without gestures). It also appears to save a new copy of my bookmarks every time, which is strange and wasteful.
N/A

Best Internet browser

Shockedops: Internet Explorer 7

I have a great excuse! I am on Vista (as of yesterday) and Firefox/Mozilla either dont have a Vista compatible version out, or I am just too stupid to find it lol.

Its not to bad this I.E.7. Its not as nice as Firefox is, nor does the tabbed browsing work aswell, but its damn close and has some functions on it that Firefox is lacking.

I have to say though, Vista is looking damn good. First time I tried Windows ME, I hated it. First time I tried WinXP, I hated it. First time I tried Vista (which is now) I am loving it lol.

Although! I have no games installed, I bet as soon as I try to game everything will go horribly wrong and I will have to go back to my OEM XP :roll:

Ah well! Fingers crossed :lol:

- And if anyone is interested, here is a desktop-shot:
http://www.wildpeak.co.uk/images/desktopvista.jpg
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Best Internet browser

Looks good where did you download the vista from a torrent or microsoft website?
N/A

Best Internet browser

Here is the public release from MS:
http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download-5728.htm

Its the latest version and open for anyone to download (its pretty much the finished version so I am told). But you need a CD Key, which if you own XP you can get for free. Or you could probably find one online, as far as I am aware because its beta its not really regulated against crackers.

I got a beta key from microsofts website and its working flawlessly.