cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin Pre-N router F5D8230

N/A

Is anyone using one of these routers (Belkin Pre-N router F5D8230)? I'm a little confused about reports of its compatibility with ADSL. Would like to get one, as one of the rooms in my house suffers from a wireless cold spot.
4 REPLIES
N/A

in fact, has anyone tried any of the MIMO routers (Belkin, Netgear, Linksys) with their PlusNet broadband? My initial research seems to suggest that they all require a PPPoE (rather than PPPoA) connection.
N/A

My Netgear DG834GT works fine at 108Mbps speeds, and no difference to my broadband connection either. PPPoATM is supported out of the box.
N/A

Since currently to my knowledge all UK ADSL setups use PPPoA, I doubt they would sell a router that doesn't work with PPPoA in the UK.

My only fear about these new routers is the amount of power they actually kick out, it has been known that a least one model of the wireless netgear routers can interfere with other wireless networks in the locality. This interference was such, they couldn't use a wireless conection in their own house because the signal was swamped by their neighbours netgear router.

The other danger with this amount of power, is those who choose not to secure their wireless networks correctly, can be found more easierly.
N/A

success!

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a Belkin Pre-N router, modem and laptop card from broadbandbuyer.co.uk (they have some good deals on such bundles). They had pre-installed the modem, and I now have the fastest wireless network with internet connection imaginable. It reaches to all parts of my house that my old network didn't, with still very good or excellent reception (even with a standard 802.11g-enabled laptop). I am very impressed and very pleased! The only problem I had was that my old 802.11b card that I had in one of my computers didn't work. All sorted as soon as I installed a pre-N card. I would recommend this to anyone! Impressive service from broadbandbuyer as well. They included a simple A4 sheet of paper telling me to ignore the manuals and follow their recommended setup. Glad I did!