cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up to CD-R

N/A

Backing Up to CD-R

Hi Everyone

If it can be done does anyone know how using Mac OS 10.2.8 to set up a CD-R for backing up software so further items can be added at a later date.I seem to re-call that in Windows this was possable using third party software i.e that which came with CD-R writer drive,but I cannot find anything on my Mac that allows this just the option to "burn CD";but then the CD-R cannot be added to.Perhaps 3rd party software is required to do this so any thiughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ian & Linda Jordan
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Backing Up to CD-R

It's usually reffered to as Multisessioning and as far as I'm aware it depends on both the drive and software supporting it.
What software do you use on your mac? In windows most people use Nero which does support this.

Chris
N/A

Backing Up to CD-R

What software do you use on your mac?
Chris

The honest answer to that...... is I don't have the faintest idea,in the menus there is a rather non-descript command to "burn CD",and that is all I could find.But it was frustrating to copy a file to a CD and then burn it and find that was it:1 file on a 700Mb CD :-(

But it transpired that I do need 3rd party software,so I settled on a programme called "Toast",so it is all sorted now but thanks for the reply.

Ian & Linda Jordan