cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Service Page annoyance

N/A

Help Please...
5 or 6 times a day whilst surfing I get the BT Wholesale service information page come up .. "You have connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser Internet applications before attempting to re-connect" It then gives 5 options of why this may have happened.
Any ideas what may be causing this annoyance please, and how to correct it?.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

This happens when you lose your connection (not necessarily your sync with the exchange) and it's not been possible to reconnect due to many causes.

In effect BT have not been able to connect you to plusnet so they direct you to a holding page after which you cannot surf any more.

Disconnecting and reconnecting usually solves this but sometimes it does not (in your case). A work around is to manually configure windows to use the following DNS servers:

and normally the problm goes away.
N/A

Thanks for that Peter... Being not too techie, how do I set these DNS servers.
Thanks
Community Veteran

What windows version are you using?

For WinXP: start -> control panel -> network connections. right click on your network connection and click properties. Select TCP/IP and click properties. Then select 'use the following DNS server addresses and enter 2 IP addresses then click OK.

For Win9x/Me: start -> settinmgs -> control panel -> Click network. Select the TCP/IP entry related to your ADSL connection and click properties. Click DNS configuration tab then enter the 2 DNS servers and click OK.
N/A

New territory for me... I have XP and have now altered them accordingly.
Thank You for your help Peter and quick response.

Regards
Alan