cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager 205 router

N/A

BT Voyager 205 router

does anyone else have one of these, im having loads of connection problems just now, and have noticed that within 5 mins of switching it on i could keep a cup of tea hot ontop of my router.

normal or fecked Huh
3 REPLIES
N/A

BT Voyager 205 router

I also suffer connection problems with my Voyager 205, but I assume that's down to my line rather than the router.
But, yes, mine is like a hot brick after 5 mins. I used to leave it on all the time, but now I turn it off when I'm not using the net in case it sets fire to the desk. I don't know if all routers are like this or just the Voyager.
HelpingHands-IT
Dabbler

Your Routers - Thermal

Unfortunately these devices are and have always been extreemly warm after about 5-10 mins of power going through them. I have suggested to friends and clients alike that if the heat emmitted from it bothers them that much then change the product. However I have a Netgear DG824 device that connects my home network to the internet, a Netgear 5 port Gigabit switch and a cheap and nastie 100mb hub all sat on top of one another and yes they do get "warm" however ensuring that there is plenty of airflow around the offending items usually prevents any problems. I Wink No not all devices do get exceptionally hot, try talking to friends and family to see if they have a similar device that remains cool
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 205 router

The latest D-link router the 504T seems to run pretty cool compared to the earlier 504 version.
It's also a lot more sensative and was actually syncing on occasion on a line that had been wrongly provisioned at 2mb with 62dB loss Cool Whereas my old 504 couldn't even detect a signal.