Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD Error

N/A

BSOD Error

Hello,

I got two BSOD's in one day Sad :roll:
First one was Stop:0x0000008F and it had something to do with NPFS.sys.
Second one was Stop:0x000000D1 Ndiswan.sys. I have searched on Google but found nothing!
I would be so greatful for help Smiley
Windows XP BT Voyager 105 Advent T9304

Best Wishes
Stephen Bryans
16 REPLIES
N/A

BSOD Error

Come on People!
Please help me!
N/A

BSOD Error

You might want to read this:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34492

Your checklist for resolving the problem should be:

1. Have you recently added new hardware? If so, remove it and test the system.

2. Have you checked your system logs? (In Event Viewer). There may be clues about what's causing the errors.

3. Check that all the components on the motherboard are seated correctly (memory, CPU, PCI cards etc) and that the power leads are inserted fully

4. Run a memory tester (e.g. MEMTEST) and check your RAM

5. Check your Mobo voltages and temperatures. Too hot or wrong voltage can be causes of BDODs.

6. Run a burn-in test to stress-test the whole PC (e.g. http://www.passmark.com/products/index.htm)

7. If all this fails, consider re-installing Windows on a freshly-reformatted drive (after a backup of your data, obviously).

8. If that fails (as it has for me), the implication is that your motherboard itself is sick. Unfortunately (unless you have a spare motherboard), this is a tricky one to test for.
holdtight
Grafter

BSOD Error

These errors NPFS.sys (named pipe file sharing) and NDISWAN.sys are usually TCP/IP and network errors found in windows 2000 and NT4 so it makes it even more difficult to diagnose but you may want to look at those services first before a reinstall
I dont have a solution to your problem though sorry !
N/A

BSOD Error

Looks like I have to re-install!
Thanks for the help!
Could it be caused by BT Voyager 105
Stephen
N/A

BSOD Error

Try removing all the network drivers/protocols and reinstall them first, as it may be a corrupt file
N/A

BSOD Error

I am also getting another BSOD!
BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Stop: 0x000000FE
Cry
Stephen
N/A

BSOD Error

Sounds like a usb modem install has been corrupted or has faulted during set up and taken your network protocols and services with it.

Uninstall your modem and remove you network services and protocols from network properties and then reinstall them.

Ensure that the usb driver set up is run before connecting your modem to the PC.

Let us know how you get on.
N/A

BSOD Error

I knew it. BT Voyager 105 USB modem problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times! Could you either reccomend a decent firewall or a solution please!
Thank-You
N/A

BSOD Error

The netgear DG834 series are fairly highly rated - bear in mind you would need a network card in your PC to use something like this though!
N/A

BSOD Error

Yes indeed. The Netgear DG834 is an excellent bit of kit. Normally stable, reliable and a doddle to set up and configure.

There's plenty of help for any issues you may have with that router on the boards.

Highly recommended.
sloany
Grafter

BSOD Error

Yup, any Netgear solution is good, have had 814 and have now got an 834gt. cant recommend them enough. dead easy and straight forward to set up and forward ports.
N/A

BSOD Error

What about BSOD's with Netgear
N/A

BSOD Error

What about BSOD's with Netgear

Unlikely. It's a router/modem, so you're just connecting your PC to it via an ethernet cable (or wirelessly). If you get BSODs, they'll be due to your NIC drivers, not the Netgear hardware.
N/A

BSOD Error

You won't know until you try it.

I would say boot into safe mode and and try and install the modem again.

also if it's the modem drivers on the disk that are causing you problems - try and download another from http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb105/pcdownload.htm