cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Issue

Fixes: 132

Audio Issue

I am sure I have seen a related thread before somewhere but cannot find it.

Basically, when the audio (movie or mp3, etc) reaches a loud section it distorts or even begins to break up. Then, after about 1 or 2 seconds the audio appears to be automatically reduced.

The level rises again during the quiet parts causing further problems again during the louder ones.

I am running XP (SP2)with 1GB RAM, plenty of free HDD space and a Sound Blaster Audigy card with latest drivers.

Perhaps there is some setting I need to turn on/off?

Any help, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Audio Issue

Have a look at Dynamic Range Compression about 2/3rds down this page http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/soundcard/sound15.shtml

Audio Issue

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, Dynamic Range Compression applies only to the Audigy 2 cards which I don't have.

I have reduced the volume slider from 86% to 71% as suggested - have't tested it out as yet.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Audio Issue

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, Dynamic Range Compression applies only to the Audigy 2 cards which I don't have.

I have reduced the volume slider from 86% to 71% as suggested - have't tested it out as yet.