cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus P5B and Raid

N/A

Asus P5B and Raid

Just managed, in my old age and lacking pennies , to buy an Asus P5B motherboard and Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 but i'm confused - how do i configure raid 0 there are 5 sata sockets on the motherboard - sata raid, sata 1,2,3,and 4 which one's do i use as the manual is most confusing.

Regards

John Sad
2 REPLIES
N/A

Asus P5B and Raid

As far as I know you need to use the SATA_RAID port to enable the RAID menu in the BIOS. I believe it allows you to use RAID on just one drive if you want.

How you go about getting more than 1 sata drive in RAID with only 1 port, I do not know.

I guess you set it all up in the BIOS then this allows you to use the standard SATA ports as SATA RAID ports. But I think this will make the SATA_RAID port labelled in the manual redundant. Although you should email ASUS and ask for some clarification unless someone on here knows.
N/A

Asus P5B and Raid

To enable RAID 0 on a bootable array, connect 2 drives (ideally a matched pair) to SATA channels 0 & 1. start your machine. Enter the SATA BIOS and select RAID 0 (Striping) for those 2 drives. You will then need a floppy disc containg the RAID drivers and press F6 during windows setup (when prompted) to load the drivers so that windows can recognise the controller.

hope this helps

Regards