cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone come across this?

N/A

Anyone come across this?

My wife uses Firefox (the latest version) on her XP machine and is having problems:in that when she shuts it down and attempts to restart it later she gets a window open informing her that Firefox is already running running.A check of running programmes shows it is in fact not running, and she has not had this problem with earlier versions of Firefox.

Anyone had this problem and found a way round it?

IanJ
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Anyone come across this?

Nope! :?
EDIT
The missus uses firefox, I use Opera. She has not seen this problem. Wink
N/A

Anyone come across this?

I use Opera.

So does she now :-)
Community Veteran

Anyone come across this?

Cheesy Cool! Cool Hehe.
zebo-the-fat
Grafter

Anyone come across this?

I have had this, use control-alt-del to open the task manager, find firefox in the list of running programs and close it from there. Firefox should restart normaly next time. (No, I don't know why it happens!)

<Edit to add> I just re-read your post, maybe you already did this, sorry can't help further!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Anyone come across this?

I have seen this problem when shutting down Firefox when the java application is running on certain sites.
Usually fixed by going to another site and then closing
N/A

Anyone come across this?

As altin said you have to use ctrl+alt+del and end the process from there.

But instead of looking under the "Applications" tab, click the "Processes" tab. Click "Image Name" to arrange them all by alphabetical order, select Firefox, right-click and hit end process.

You should then be able to open it up again without needing to reboot the computer Wink