cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Late model LinkSys Router Experts out there?

N/A

Hi Everyone

I have just treated myself to a LinkSys WAG354G router/modem and altough set up was easy and straight forward........ there is one thing I would appreciate some help or advise on; port forwarding which again looks straightforward but the port forwarding page only seems to allow 15 ports to be forwarded and try as I may I cannot find a way to add further ones, or delete the one remaining space should I put in an incorrect one, or is that simply a matter of over writting it?

Thanks for any forthcoming ideas or suggestions

IanJ
4 REPLIES
N/A

A lot of router only let you set up limited port forwarding as this take proccesing power. You shouldnt realy need 15 port forwarding. Often you can change the port on the application to use a port you have already forwarded.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

shows how to forward ports for most routers
N/A

Re: Any Late model LinkSys Router Experts out there?

or is that simply a matter of over writting

Taken from Set up > Applications & Gaming > Single Port Forwarding > more

To delete a service entry:
1 Enter a zero number in the Ext.Port and Int. Port, and IP Address from the fields.
2 Uncheck the Enable check box.
3 Clear the Application field.
4 Click the Save Settings button to save any changes you make.
N/A

If you need more than those 15 ports would it not be possible to specify a range of ports?

I know that the D-Link I use doesnt stop me from creating the port forwards. Its also handy as in I can forward 1 single port or specify a couple of ports within the same port forward or even specify a range.

Regards,
N/A

Thanks folks got it all sorted

IanJ