cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti spam tools

N/A

Anti spam tools

Spam is getting worse than ever. I get 150+ a day

I've been using the free version of Mailwasher which had been highly recommended to me yet it seems to be just as much work to clean everything up in Mailwasher as it does to clean my inbox. The main advantage with Mailwasher I find is being able to bounce spam emails, but then its questionable as to wether or not bouncing has any effect at all.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone tried the paid for Mailwasher Pro and if so is that one more effective?
2. Can anyone suggest anything better?

I want one that leaves me in control enough that I can avoid wanted emails being deleted along with the unwanted ones and I dont mind paying as long as its not an arm and a leg
5 REPLIES
N/A

Anti spam tools

Hi.
I can't help you with mailwasher, I use my mail providers spam filter service which gets rid of the bulk of it.
Bouncing spam is not a good idea as all it does is end up in someone elses spam box/filter and adds to network load anyway.
Cheers
Jon
N/A

Still no wiser

Hi.
I can't help you with mailwasher, I use my mail providers spam filter service which gets rid of the bulk of it.
Bouncing spam is not a good idea as all it does is end up in someone elses spam box/filter and adds to network load anyway.
Cheers
Jon

Thanks for the reply Jon.
Still no wiser so can anyone else help?
nevglufc
Dabbler

Anti spam tools

I use CA internet suite approx £20 per year for 3 pcs and get very little spam prob 5 per week.
Cheers
kesimmonds
Dabbler

Anti spam tools

Are you able to divert your email through Google or Yahoo? Both seem to have very good spam filters which seem to catch almost 100% of the spam I receive on either of these accounts.
petera

Spam

Are you able to divert your email through Google or Yahoo? Both seem to have very good spam filters which seem to catch almost 100% of the spam I receive on either of these accounts.

I would second the suggestion of using Google Mail if that is practical. It has filtered out hundreds of my spam e-mails and very seldom makes a mistake. It is quite quick to run down the spam folder and check that there is nothing which you want to receive - and then delete the rest.