Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti Virus help

Golferpete
Grafter

Anti Virus help

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if you can run two Anti Virus programs on your PC? been told they will conflict is this right,am not a Pc buff I will be glad of any advice Smiley
Peter.
3 REPLIES
jazz
Grafter

Anti Virus help

You should only run one anti virus prog on your computer. They will conflict with each othewr if you try to use two. This does not prevent you running things like Spybot or AdAware in addition to an AV

Tony
N/A

Anti Virus help

You may also turn off your virus scanning software, and run a standalone scanner. These are often used for detecting and disinfecting specific virii if you suspect you've been infected.

An example of a standalone is McAfee's Stinger product.

Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.

Running software firewalls, anti-spam solutions etc in addition is fine ordinarily.
Golferpete
Grafter

Anti Virus help Thanks

Hi all
Many thanks to all of you who repleyed to my query !I will take your advice and stick with AVG, again many thanks.
Peter.