cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All-in-ones

Rourkefamily
Grafter

All-in-ones

Thinking of buying one of these. Someone put me on to a Lexmark on sale for less than £50.

Anyone on here go one? What are they like? Recommeded brands and are the cheap ones any good? Or am I better of with a dedicated Ink Jet?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

All-in-ones

Check out the ink costs first.
You may find that a replacement ink is more than £50

Chilly
N/A

All-in-ones

The cheaper end of the Lexmark range is not up to much really.
The genuine cartridges are expensive and alternative ones are not that reliable.
There is a Cartridge World near me that will refill a Lexmark cartridge, but they make no promises about it working or not.
It's usually cheaper to buy a new Lexmark than replace the cartridges.
I have an HP 1215 three in one and rate it highly, I seem to remember it was about £68.00
Rourkefamily
Grafter

All-in-ones

Thanks Paul.

I can pick this up on the web for £55 plus delivery Smiley

What about the replacement cartridges. Any recommendations?
N/A

All-in-ones

To be honest I use the scanner most and have yet to replace the cartridges.
I do not know it the supplied cartridges are demo, and as such 100% full or not
My printing needs are fairly modest. I have seen plenty of cheap replacements about, but as yet cannot recommend any.
N/A

All-in-ones

I echo Paul's comments about the lexmark, I had one thrown in free with a computer I brought last year and while the quality of the prints hasn't been too bad, the cost of replacement ink is expensive.

Since you can pick up a brand new lexmark for silly money, strangely it seems cheaper to buy a whole printer with new ink, than to purchase replacement ink.

Wonders will never cease.......
Rourkefamily
Grafter

All-in-ones

Order placed for a HP 1215. £60.94 delivered.

Thanks folks. Cheesy
N/A

All-in-ones

ditto on those costs, I own a lexmark 6150 all in one, and the ink is real expensive, costs me around 48 quid to replace both of them, luckily, they never run out at the same time lol!!
N/A

All-in-ones

Order placed for a HP 1215. £60.94 delivered.

Thanks folks. Cheesy

Here's hoping you are happy with it, dont forget you will need to buy a USB cable.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

All-in-ones

Think I am OK. Is this the cable with USB one end and a smaller plug at the other end? Is so I have got a spare one..