cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer Aspire 1362LC Vs TravelMate 2354LC

N/A

Hi.
I'm shopping for my dad a cheap general purpose laptop for home use. I spotted the Aspire 1362LC which meets the budget I have, so I decided to get that. Then I spotted a TravelMate 2354LC on special offer for £50 less that the Aspire 1362LC. Now I'm confused - both machines look very similar in spec except the Aspire is based on AMD bits and the TravelMate is Intel based. I'm tempted to go for the Travel Mate as it's quite a bit cheaper on the special offer, but it is pitched at the business market so I'm worried that maybe it's not the best choice for home use - DVD playing, photo editing, multimedia / games rather than office type applications.

Any advice on the relative merits of these two machines would be great!

Cheers,
David
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

As an Acer reseller i have a bit of knowledge of these products.

Both are excellent and in terms of gaming, graphics etc either will perform well. Some would advocate that the AMD processor will perform better when gaming however I have seen no evidence of this. Screen resolution on both notebooks is awsome.

My personal preference is for the Travelmate series and you should also see marginally better battery life with this one despite the blurb.

If you are still on the lookout, Fujitsu Siemens, particularly the Amilio Pro range are well worth the money and imho perform better and look better than the Acer range. They also represent better value for money, have better build quality and support.

They should be fairly easily found on line.

Good luck with you choice, whichever you decide.
N/A

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go for the TravelMate as it's £50 cheaper and usually sells for more than the Aspire so looks better value for money. The technical specs are more or less the same and for what my dad will be using it for most of the time I doubt it would make any difference.

I had a quick look round for the Fujitsu ones, but they are all significantly more than the TravelMate or Aspire and dad's on a very limited budget. The TravelMate is going for £400 including VAT and delivery.

Cheers,
David
N/A

The TravelMate is going for £400 including VAT and delivery.
Cheers,
David

Super price. Someone isnt making much margin on that one.

Hope your dad enjoys it.
LiamM
Grafter

Will that be the same one I ordered from www.comet.co.uk?

Very very good. I'm very impressed with it. For only £399 all inclusive, it was the most I could afford. It's a birthday pressie for me gf and I'm sure she'll love it.

I thought the price was fantastic, then the laptop arrived and it was damn good. Will upgrade the memory on it, and then it'll be even better, for only £20 more.

Wonderful Smiley
N/A

Yes, ordered one from comet at the special online price.
Just a shame about the delivery time from them - won't get it 'till 17th. And I refuse to pay extra for faster delivery, it's not like it actually costs them any more to ship it sooner - it's the same delivery method :shock:

Cheers,
David
LiamM
Grafter

Hmmm true. 7 days was a bit long to wait.

Fortunately, my girlfriends birthday isn't until the 28th... so I have plenty of time.