cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI and WMV files to MPEG2

N/A

Hi,

Can anyone please give me a sinple explanation how to burn a movie file onto a DVD from AVI or WMA files?

Sony digital handycam; non-Sony computer; Nero version 6, plenty of hard disk space and DVD writer available

Totally confused!! Shockedops:

From AVI you will need to convert to MPEG - I thoroughly recommend TMPGEnc. For guides on how to do this sort of thing I'd strongly recommend a visit to doom9.org - if they can't show you how to do something, it probably can't be done!
N/A

avi to mpg2 - MainConcept Mpeg Encoder

mpg2 to DVD - TMPGEnc DVD Author

both very easy to use
N/A

If you have nero just use Nero express and it will convert the files for you. It can take a long time as it needs to rewrite the film.

It walks you through it

You may need to get some extra codecs from Neros site
N/A

If you have nero just use Nero express and it will convert the files for you. It can take a long time as it needs to rewrite the film.

Then after 8 hours of processing it asks you to insert a blank DVD with 5Gb free space - aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

Nero will not tell you in advance what the finished file size will be.

Use it to burn, use it to recode dvds, but don't waste (hours) of your time trying to convert fromats. See my post above. I speak from experience.
N/A

avi to mpg2 - MainConcept Mpeg Encoder
mpg2 to DVD - TMPGEnc DVD Author

Thanks kptechnolog for helpful reply; I can understand what you mean about Nero. I would have liked to have found a solution that would not have cost as much as the programs you use, which are priced at $149.00 each!

Thanks also to chutbears and mwright.
scotsgringo
Dabbler

avi to dvd

any nero 6.6 and over will do the trick
N/A

Try this one
http://www.download.com/VSO-DivXtoDVD-Converter/3000-7970_4-10376028.html?tag=lst-0-1

and its free I use it all the time to convert divx avi's to dvd and just burn the IFO file with your dvd burning software .

Need more info go here

http://www.videohelp.com/
scotsgringo
Dabbler

CHEERS BARRIE just downloaded it just for safe keeping you never know when you need a program like that :lol: