cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGP graphics and XP

Brickinit
Grafter

AGP graphics and XP

i've built a PC with windows xp installed and a mentor 128 fx5200 agp graphics card installed. the mobo has no onboard graphics so obviously just uses the agp slot. game wouldn't run so installed the latest nvidia drivers and directx 9. but would still not run the games on looking a bit deeper in display propertys settings advanced it dosn't show a nvidia as being the adapter and if i click on drivers i doen't allow me to update, rollback or delete the drivers to start again. does anyone have any ideas? any help appreciated
3 REPLIES
N/A

AGP graphics and XP

Download and install the latest AGP drivers for your computer motherboard.

If your computer does not have the correct chain of drivers, it may not be able to puckup hardware in other places.
Community Veteran

AGP graphics and XP

In addition to the above you should have a CD with chipset drivers on i supplied with your motherboardt. If you have not installed them, I suggest you do that first. Also check if there are later versions on the motherboard manufacturers website.
Brickinit
Grafter

AGP graphics and XP

thanks for the replies, i had installed the latest xp drivers for the mobo but no joy. i have however sorted the problem by installing the xp sr2 beta and that has led to the graphics card being recognised and allowed me to install the latest video drivers from nvidia. another hic-up sorted. bet i can't remember how i got around this one if i get it again