cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACPI Issues

N/A

ACPI Issues

For some reason recently my pc has started being retarded whilst I play counter-strike and locks up so that I am forced to reboot. When I check my event viewer I get these messages.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcfCool, which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

It only crashes during counterstrike and only since I got home from university which is bizaare. The only difference I have made is that I use a smaller monitor here and I have a printer and adsl modem connected. So I have no idea why in 12 weeks it never crashed once and now does twice daily and always while running counter-strike.

Any suggestions HuhHuh?
2 REPLIES
N/A

ACPI Issues

Have you tried it with the modem and printer removed? Since these are the only things you've changed which I think could cause problems, it's worth a go. It may be worth un-installing any drivers for them and re-booting since purely unplugging them from the PC may not help.

If that doesn't work then I can't think of what to suggest!

hth

nry
N/A

ACPI Issues

It's basically a protection mechanism , one cause can be an older bios version not fully compatable with your current operating system, or a problem with USB. Your stressing the system more when you play counter strike.
This is guesswork as I don't know what operating system your using or how old your pc is but if anything rings true, then first try updating your Motherboard Bios to the latest version. Also updating your operating system with the latest service packs, might help.
ACPI is a power management system, if the above fail then you could also
try running your new components from a powered hub to see if that makes any difference.