cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 dynamode

N/A

A360 dynamode

I recently got the usb broadand modem when i got plus.net broadband suscription - ive got redhat on my computer and it didnt recognise the modem ... so i mailes dynamode and they sent me the drivers ... a .c and .h file. i tried using gcc *.c to compile it put it came up with a whole load of error messages! can any one help me / give me some tipes on how i should be going about installing these drivers ?
assume that i am a newbie to linux!!!

thanks

marc
15 REPLIES
N/A

A360 dynamode

The follwing link is where i have put up the drivers files online permenantly for anyone who would like to download them!

http://www.scrimshire.8m.com/1_multipart_xF8FF_2_461B%20linux_usb.zip

thanks for your time and help!
N/A

A360 dynamode

as that hasnt worked - anyone who would like me to mail them the driver , drop me a line at marc.scrimshire@westminster.org.uk and i will be happy to mail it to them!
Ianwild
Grafter

A360 dynamode

Hi,

I'm just looking now - I think it is the space in the URL - That is invalid. Does the URL have a space in it?

Even putting "%20" doesn't work. Have you considered putting your files on your PlusNet Webspace - It looks vastly more flexible than freeservers!

Regards,
N/A

A360 dynamode

ill put it up now !
N/A

A360 dynamode

permisiion denied -550
just send me a mail - marc.scrimshire@westminster.org.uk ... and i will forward you the files. they arnt large at all!
Ianwild
Grafter

A360 dynamode

permisiion denied -550
just send me a mail - marc.scrimshire@westminster.org.uk ... and i will forward you the files. they arnt large at all!

Have you tried uploaded them to the /HTDOCS directory?

You can't put files in the default directory when using FTP...

Regards,
N/A

A360 dynamode

i ve uploaded it - the file is called a3600linuxusb.zip .... i dont know what the adress will be though ... something like scrimshire.plus.net/.../a3600linuxusb.zip

ill be online later,
thanks.
Ianwild
Grafter

A360 dynamode

gosforth
Grafter

A360 dynamode

Dear Ian,
I have tried to download the file from the address you quote. However, when I try and unzip it I get an error message "error missing 1 byte is zip file, process anyway" then it says the file is not a valid archive.

I would be very pleased if you could send me the files. I contacted Dynamode back in January, but they never bothered to reply.

Chris
N/A

A360 dynamode

that was the problem i had whith dynamode. they just won't pick up the phone on the help line either. if you want I can forward you the mail which dynamode sent me. i would be very pleased if someone could work out how to install these Drivers!!
drop me a line at: marc.scrimshire@Westminster.org.uk and ill forward the message to you.
gosforth
Grafter

A360 dynamode

I made a post to the ideas and suggestions board. PlusNet helpfully
gave me a link to linux drivers for the A360. I am just in the process of
downloading RedHat 9. I hope that it works.

Chris
N/A

A360 dynamode

I sometimes get that winzip error. Usually repackaging the files in the zip, and then reuploading them fixes it.
N/A

A360 dynamode

i look forward to your results ... and hope you can post the (sucesful!) details.
Thank you for answering!
N/A

A360 dynamode

Oh rigt - the original files you received from dynamod were like that - with the error? Otherwise i's up to you, scrimshire, to repackage them.