cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very (I hope) simple question

N/A

I am using Win98SE,and when I use a programme such as Microsoft Word (or a number of other programmes),and click on “file” I see down the bottom a list of recently opened documents which makes opening a document easier.Is there a way to adjust the number of records that can be stored in this section? I am sure I have seen a method of achieving this;but for the life of me cannot recall how or if it can be done.

Ian & Linda Jordan.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Most programmes that use a "Recently used file" list have the option to turn this off, clear it or reduce the number displayed.
For example, in Word this is under the File- options - general tab. here you can uncheck it or reduce/increase the number of last opened files.
N/A

As noted, office provides this option.

However, with other software, it depends entirly on the softwere creator to provide, it, which not all do.
N/A

However, with other software, it depends entirly on the softwere creator to provide, it, which not all do

Thanks for the replies people,I was sort of hoping for a global solution,but not to worry at least I know now what I am looking for.

Ian & Linda Jordan
N/A

As noted, office provides this option.

However, with other software, it depends entirly on the softwere creator to provide, it, which not all do.

Agreed, with some progs you have to delve into the registry or the progammes "ini" file.
N/A

Re: A very (I hope) simple question

is there a way to adjust the number of records that can be stored in this section?

In Word 2002 it is under Tools->Options->General and then change the value in "recently used file list _ entries" - was that what you were after?

Tim
N/A

That was allready noted.
N/A

That was allready noted.

So it had - whoops!
Tim