cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A+/N+/MCSA

N/A

A+/N+/MCSA

I started my a+ training in two weeks which hopefully i will finish quickly as its a basic one.. looking foreward to the N+ course, has anyone else done these yet if so what you think of these courses?
7 REPLIES
N/A

A+/N+/MCSA

I had a look a few years ago and figured it was mostly pointless, but I've been working in IT for a while and my CV says what it needs to to that extent. For someone starting out and looking to ork in IT I'd say go for it!

As for MCSA I'd hang fire - the MCP is more widely recognised, though so many people are MS certified these days the qualification is less prestigious than it were maybe 10 years ago.
N/A

ID have to say

That A+ and Network+ have not improved my job prospects in the slightest

I will however say it has sharpened me up in a few areas which id basically not bothered learning before, although 95% i was already familiar with

My next step is MCP in windows XP install config, then onto the 2 2003 server exams which by then i should have MCSA (then the other 50 or so exams to MCSE)

Apparently A+ and Network+ count as optionals (or so someone said), but they are worth doing before MCPs, just to get you into the learning pattern and also they have come in handy at times with my MCP (90% on my last test exam, hopefully i can do this well in the real thing lol)

All in all they are worth doing if you are progressing through the qualifications and also the fact that you can run an "A+ authorised service center" (for a small fee) from your bedroom is funny Cheesy

Good luck
N/A

Like many things in life, it is experience that counts.

Back in 1991 I passed my HND is computer science, but due to the lack of I.T. experience, it was quite hard to get proper work in the field.
I've now got several MCPs, and have just completed the A+ OS course and have booked the OS exam. In a couple of weeks I'm doing the A+ Hardware course, and will follow with the exam. My employer is paying for myself and many of my collegues to go on these courses, even though we know the ins & outs of PCs like the back of our hands, the reason is that all our new kit is by H.P, and before we're allowed to open the new PCs, we have to be H.P. Certified, and before you can do the H.P. course you need the A+ certificate.
Check the microsoft training pages on their site for their MCP and MSCE details. I know of people who have various A+, N+, Sercurity and MCPs, but their hands on is very limited, does not always make them the best staff.
These days employers also want team players and people who'll get on with their jobs and don't cause problems for others.
N/A

A+/N+/MCSA

cheers for the advice...

only really doing A+ and N+ to get that little bit of paper etc.. i know i can do 99% of it myself but when going for jobs and you can prove that you passed the course etc it looks alot better at my age aswell Cheesy
N/A

Re: Like many things in life, it is experience that counts.

Back in 1991 I passed my HND is computer science, but due to the lack of I.T. experience, it was quite hard to get proper work in the field.
I've now got several MCPs, and have just completed the A+ OS course and have booked the OS exam. In a couple of weeks I'm doing the A+ Hardware course, and will follow with the exam. My employer is paying for myself and many of my collegues to go on these courses, even though we know the ins & outs of PCs like the back of our hands, the reason is that all our new kit is by H.P, and before we're allowed to open the new PCs, we have to be H.P. Certified, and before you can do the H.P. course you need the A+ certificate.
Check the microsoft training pages on their site for their MCP and MSCE details. I know of people who have various A+, N+, Sercurity and MCPs, but their hands on is very limited, does not always make them the best staff.
These days employers also want team players and people who'll get on with their jobs and don't cause problems for others.

Been a while since I have done HP cert, I have done both ACT (old cert) then the APS but I don't have an A+
N/A

A+/N+/MCSA

Done both aprts of the A+ a year ago with an MCP. It did enable me to get a foot in the door. Out of them all the A+ was bar far the hardest (trying to remember RAM voltages etc) and the MCP was a walk in the park in comparison. I did get a job on the back of them though.
N/A

A+/N+/MCSA

Done none - Cheesy

But at college doing a CCNA - which is hard.