cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

320 Spacec@m

N/A

320 Spacec@m

I recently installed the 320 spacec@m on my computer, and it works fine. Problem is, when I turn off the computer and turn it back on windows says it has found new hardwear and is installing the softwear for it ( TV/Video) and installs it into my network settings. After this I cannot connect to the internet. I am running windows ME and connect using a router. I have tried various things without success and have to restore back to before the install. I now leave the computer on standby as I know what will happen if I turn it off. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

320 Spacec@m

Try downloading an up to date driver for it. Win ME is getting on a bit, so if it is using a built in driver it will one that was written a few years ago and may not be a good match.

Also the driver itself could be trying to access the internet and somehow blocking your connection. If there is a camera settings program you might try disabling its internet access to see what happens.
N/A

320 Spacec@m

I downloaded the latest driver from the Trust webcam website and have had no problems with the Trust hardware or software. It works fine without the windows TV/Video installation, but it automatically installs it when I restart my computer. Is there a way I can stop it installing ?
Denzil
Grafter

320 Spacec@m

If Windows is going through the "found new hardware" process it means it thinks there is no driver for the hardware it has found. Erm, stretching my knowledge a bit here, but some video hardware appears as more than one device to the PC. For instance the people I work for used to supply a video frame grabber card for our IVF image analysis software. That appeared as two devices on the hardware list, each with its own driver.

Bring the Device Manager up with camera plugged in (if I remember right in ME it's in control panel, settings, hardware, something like that, sorry it's a bit vague, you might have to hunt a bit.) You will see a list of hardware. If there are any missing drivers you will see a yellow exclamation mark next to the offending item. Make a note of what it is and go googling.

Failing that have you tried contacting the manufacturers? I don't know what Trust support is like but it is worth a go.
Community Veteran

320 Spacec@m

I know I had a similar problem with a canon printer on win 95 if the printer was turned on before windows loaded it would bring up a new hardware window. Yet the printer worked fine.