cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 and 22 inch widesreen monitors

N/A

I want to get a new TFT widescreen monitor, either a 20 or 22 inch. Both have the same native resolution of 1680 * 1050 so I am not sure how this will effect things.
If I am looking at a spreadsheet will I in practice be able to get more columns on the screen with the 22 inch. I mean I think I must be able to get more in as it is 2 inches wider, but as both 20 and 22 inch have the same resolution what will the effect of having the extra columns be.

My thoughts on this are further confused by the fact that the spreadsheet can zoom in and out making the column size change
3 REPLIES
N/A

Buy the biggest you can afford and have space for.

Viewing at 100% on a 20" is about the same as 90% on a 22". I'd guesstimate that to be worth 2 to 4 columns. Depending how wide your columns are and how much is taken up by other things.
N/A

same res == same amount of desktop space, just on the 22" the text will be larger, so the same amount of stuff will be viable on both, just larger on one.
N/A

I concur with Mr Buzzons on the resolution, and with Mr Microwaved on the bit about getting the biggest you can afford and have space for.

(Sorry if either are not Mr's)