cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your own documentation

N/A

your own documentation

As goldenpeninsula kindly pointed out, these figures came from your own guidelines.

The line speeds are completely relavant to how soon a user can hit these restrictions.

With exciting new services on the horizon, like IP TV I'm sure the downloading quantities will escalate. If you're not putting in capacity in line with user capability then i'm very concerned. If you are putting in capacity then it's not reflected by these usage restrictions.

I've stopped using internet radio services now because I obviously can't schedule that for offpeak.
From these figures (your own) the situation is going to get worse.

You are actually scaring off the highly active customers (those who are likely to pay more and buy value added services) .

Luckilly your services were so flakey last weekend that I couldn't login and consume any data. 3 days unusable, 10% reduction in usage. phew.
still waiting for an apology & refund.
27 REPLIES
N/A

unsustainable policy

2Mbit premiere, 100Gb allowance

8Mbit premiere, 200Gb allowance

This doesn't scale.
Ianwild
Grafter

unsustainable policy

Where does 200GB come from?

The 8Mb world we are entering has seen no wholesale price differences from 2Mb yet, meaning our own costs don't decrease. Under 8Mb there won't be a higher capacity allocation for accounts per se, because it costs us the same (if not slightly more) to operate the same product...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

unsustainable policy

Dos'nt 8GB Premier cost the customer more ie £29.99 and the 2MB £21.99 and give a higher peak time download figure??

I may well be wrong with all the changes it's hard to keep up....no problem for me I lucky to 2MB BT still say only 1MB.......
N/A

unsustainable policy

The actual line speeds are becoming more and more irrelevant, the prices are based upon the costs of actual data transferred (on top of the core rental costs). The most recent look at this was written up by Kitz and posted to the usergroup website. Well worth a read IMHO.
N/A

unsustainable policy

The current sustainable usage bands for Premier up to 8MB?
Here

Edit-correction: "8MB"
Discostoo
Grafter

unsustainable policy

seems like none of the staff knows their own usage policies either. Welcome to your customers world! No one knows what's going on!
N/A

unsustainable policy

Once the market calms down abit things should improve. In the mean time i'm moving out next week. If in the future things improve around here then i will consider moving back but atm its just not working out for me.

Moving to nildram Broadband 2. 50GB cap. up to 8Mbit when avail. Giganews @ 512K. Fine for me. I'll miss the hosting. was useful for testing.
Community Veteran

Re: unsustainable policy

2Mbit premiere, 100Gb allowance

8Mbit premiere, 200Gb allowance

This doesn't scale.

Perhaps not - but it completely scales with the cost:

2Mbit premier - £21.99 - 100Gb allowance
8Mbit premier - £39.99 - 200Gb allowance

Less than double the cost for double the capacity.
N/A

unsustainable policy

Wow...I find that a bit worrying that Plusnet staff don't even know thier own usage guidelines.

Mind with the constant changes to times, limits, caps and so on, it doesn't suprise me that even the staff may get confused.
Community Veteran

unsustainable policy

Come on guys - it is pretty clear to me that Ian was thinking of the change to ADSL max - where the up to 8Mb package is expected to remain at 21.99, and hence won't have any higher allowances. Hence his comment about 200Mb

This is, after all, where most of the speculation has been over the last few weeks. In fact my own thought (when reading the OP) was along the same lines.
shellsong
Grafter

Re: unsustainable policy

Perhaps not - but it completely scales with the cost:

2Mbit premier - £21.99 - 100Gb allowance
8Mbit premier - £39.99 - 200Gb allowance

Less than double the cost for double the capacity.

Strictly speaking it doesn't scale because the cost related to bandwidth in the relevent packages would be about £8 for the 2Mb Premier and about £26 for the 8Mb Premier making it more than treble the cost for double the capacity! Wink
JonathanW
Grafter

unsustainable policy

The current SUP figures have been in place for quite some time now, since we first introduced the SUP in the second half of last year. Where as Ian has only been back with the company for a couple of months now and he's been busy working on the new products that we're going to be announcing soon.

As we've said elsewhere, part of this will be changing the speeds that we offer at each price point. So for £21.99 you'll be getting an Up To 8mb connection with appropriate features.
N/A

unsustainable policy

I require a heavy download from all parts of the internet. confined to this house as I am these downloads are my life. I soon reach my allowance and then my speed is reduced. I know this happens to a lot of people even if they are only ten percent of your customers. Why cant you increase your capacity and supply a service for us heavy users? I would be happy to pay for it. I notice some ISPs charge for each extra gig of download.
If you cannot supply what customers want they will find someone who can. In all other respects I am very pleased with PlusNet.
JonathanW
Grafter

unsustainable policy

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to design a package that appeals to everyone, including the heavy downloaders, as in the end we'd end up designing a package that only appeals to the top group of users and the vast majority of people don't benefit from the package.

If you're willing to pay for your usage, then the PayG package would be a good place to look, especially after the product refresh.