cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yet more problems with this ISP

N/A

Yep, more problems, after a month+ of uniterupted 5mb download and 0.5mb upload, I'm now getting a pathetic 0.9mb down, and 0.2 up. What the fuck is the matter with this utter crap, rip-off, half arsed frikking vile, inept ISP and their staff with fucking pea brains who just effectively STEAL your money whilst simultaneously laughing at you because you're suffering.
Don't ANYBODY please say, 'what's your SNR..' blah, blah. it's IRRELEVANT, even I, who knows sweet FA, knows that much.
However, can anybody recommend a decent ISP? I'm done with this utter crap, and I swear I'm gonna leave as many warnings about this inept ISP on as many boards as I can find, starting with adslguide.org.uk, when I have a cuppa or 3 that is.

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Edited the thread title to not display allcaps and also to remove the deliberate attempt at avoiding the swear filter. Please abide by the link:rules in order to avoid being warned.Thank you.]
15 REPLIES
community
Grafter

instead of just censoring the previous post , how about addressing the utterly abyssmal speeds we are experiencing most of the time although we were conned into staying with Plusnet because
" you will experience up to 8MB starting Appril 2006"

Come on, I have been a customer for several years but now looking around for an ISP with some stability of service.
shellsong
Grafter

The post needed censoring and otherwise modding to bring it within the forum guidelines AND the OP's points need addressing!
N/A

The point I think music2myears is making, is that certain mods are MORE than willing to censor/edit posts, than actually posting a positive comment. Plusnet truely, truely will fall apart any time soon, the sooner the better. It gives people very little, charges them EXTREMELY large sums, CAPS your speed when you pass the crumby and unjust download limit. Gives NO frikkin announcements, when it's obvious NUMEROUS people get hit with the same fault ( yet PERSIST in asking inane questions about 'SNR' to avoid the fact that there is a problem that is due to THEM), the customer service is UNBELIEVABLY DISGRACEFUL.
You must have the most overpaid fat cats sitting at a desk, milking us like we're all a bunch of mugs(I certainly feel like one). I've never known anything quite like this utter inept, garbage, rip-off crappola, service(lack-of).
shellsong
Grafter

The main function of a mod is to moderate although they are also customers like you and me-- that said tomspcs is by no means unwilling to comment as you'll know if you've looked around the forums much!
N/A

'look around' a forum for tomspcs posts, yes, silly me.
Why didn't I think about that.
Now that, is a stupid comment to make, I can see you're defending him, but if you take the time to read the prior posts on this thread, you'll see, that he in fact did not post a response. He just did a bit of snipping here and there.
^
|
|
|
|
N/A

Machina777, most people will probably agree with what your saying, but before you even access this forum it advises you to read the forum rules before posting.

Yes, I'm defending what tomspcs moderation, as you either didn't read the forum rules or you chose to deliberatly ignore them, this resulted in moderation of your post.

Running several forums myself, I would have moderated your post.

You raise some valid points, but this can be done without the need for the use of profanity or by trying to avoid the swear filter.

Tomspcs doesn't need to respond, as he is not representing Plus.net he is simply moderating a forum for plus.net customers, provided by plus.net for us.

This is not an official communication tool of plus.net (which I'm sure your aware of), although, it is possible that someone from the communication team will reply then again possibly not.
joncooper
Grafter

Tom (tomspcs) dosn't work for Plus.net and so can't provide answers to any of the points raised, all he can do is bring the post within forum guidlines. (unpaid)

And, to be fair to him, I don't see much that actually could be answered, it seems to me to be a rant by someone about to leave.

Go sign up for Tiscali to get some perspective on just how bad an ISP can be.
Community Veteran

Just to put things into perspective here..

Whilst the OP is quite obviously aggravated, again, I'm behind Tom for moderating the post.

It seems quite obvious to me that the OP either has contention problems at his exchange, or heaven forbid he's been throttled in line with FUP, not that this has been mentioned in the post, just an assumption I'm making. (yes I know what they say about assuming...)

Similarly, as others have said, go elsewhere by all means, but with the state of the broadband market in general, it won't matter where you go, the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.
N/A

it won't matter where you go, the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

I think you've heard the same BT BB radio advert as I.
Yes, Hate to burst your apparent fanboy bubble, but it's much better with practically every ISP I have done a little research on (asking MANY people, and a some adslguide.org.uk). Don't feel offended, but are you on the same planet as the general PN clientele?
If so, you'd have seen the utter dismay with countless customers around these forums. I just don't see any comments that are positive, other than I would hazard, very few who are EXTREMELY fortunate enough to actually get something acceptable.
If you feel the need to back up a mod, that's fine. But please do not post in my thread with half-arsed comments about 'the current market' not being so.....green. :roll:
N/A

Cheers for your support guys Smiley It does mean a lot to me and also serves a reminder to the other mod that although we are unpaid, we are appreciated in what we do.

As for the points raised by the OP, the post was in no way near censored as much as it would normally have been. Even now im still looking at a couple of words wondering if it needs more.
Sitting down and actually reading your post it would also strike me, as mentioned above, that there is little point to your post. I see no offer of support, or request for any. All I see is someone who is very obviously annoyed wanting to simply blow up in whoever gets in his way first.
No we dont need to know your SNR, your right. But it would be of some use if you were to tell us your usage for peak and off peak as it sounds very much like a throttle issue due to over usage.

I will say any further outbursts in this thread and I will lock it regardless. There is enough happening on these forums without making even more work for us.

Regards,
Community Veteran

@machina777

I'm not going to start going to go down the road of a flame war with you, but I feel that your statement about my comments being half-arsed are somewhat wrong.
Granted, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I gave it, whether you like it or not.

If you have a look at other ISP forums, for example, Tiscali, AOL, NTL,and pipex, you will see that there are many other people who are unhappy with their providers, for the exact same problems as you have validly highlighted, hence my comment, the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

I've had my problems with PN in the past, but any problems have always been resolved very quickly and professionally, once or twice I have had to jump on the CSC agent because of the dire response I got.

As another regular forum-goer posted, you'll always find the vast majority that post in the forums are the ones that are unhappy.

As for me being a fanboy - I found that to be a very inflammatory comment, and I would rather fancy that others who are happy with their service with PN will also resent being dubbed "fanboys"

Lets keep this on the subject in hand and not resort to flaming eh? Wink

And I hope for your sake, that someone does deal with your issues asap, because it is annoying that you are not getting the service you are expecting.

edited to add the direction of the post. - not at you tom!
N/A

@rogerloxton
I'm not going to start going to go down the road of a flame war with you

'flame war'? what exactly are you talking about? I responded without ONE insult.

comments being half-arsed are somewhat wrong.

You're wrong, you just threw 'grass is always green' in the air with no reasons other than the state of the current BB market, hardly making an effort.

Granted, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I gave it, whether you like it or not.

Wrong, so what you're saying that you can give 'ANY' opinion?
I think not, you need to keep your opinions to your self unless it's a helpful one or a fair response. It 'appears' you're just stirring it up.
As I said, it's fine backing up Tom.

If you have a look at other ISP forums, for example, Tiscali, AOL, NTL,and pipex

Yes, the obvious ones, just as PN can be put in the mix nowadays. But what about the many, many that aren't as awful as PN and the aforementioned?

I've had my problems with PN in the past, but any problems have always been resolved very quickly and professionally

Then you are very, very fortunate, try and understand that many others how no such joy. Or maybe try getting through to customer support?

As another regular forum-goer posted, you'll always find the vast majority that post in the forums are the ones that are unhappy.

In that case, why are you here on these forums spouting off about, in effect, staying with PN because other ISP's are AS bad?

As for me being a fanboy - I found that to be a very inflammatory comment

Wrong, read what I wrote again. I said 'apparent', so do keep calm.

Lets keep this on the subject in hand and not resort to flaming eh? Wink

Why again a mention of Flaming? Are you argumentative or something? We'll see I guess Wink

And I hope for your sake, that someone does deal with your issues asap, because it is annoying that you are not getting the service you are expecting.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Smiley
N/A

@tomspcs
Yes, maybe not the best way to go about getting it off my chest, and shouldn't of let rip at you, fair dues.
As for peak usage, throttling etc. I can't see that's the score on this one.
off-peak 11gb
on-peak 5.6 gb
total just over 16gb
I'm about 2 weeks into this month.
I'm guessing as no one else seems to be suffering, it may well by my exchange or something.
thanks.
N/A

machina777,

Thank you for your apology both in this forum and via PM. As for your problem it could be your exchange, it could also be your filter or even modem or router.

As long winded as it may seem it would be best to try and eliminate these before going all out. The reason being is you will be asked to check these anyway.
So id start with a bt speed test (if your on bbmax) if that gives the same speeds then I would try an alternate modem or router. If that yields no change then your filter, then in your master bt socket and so on.
I am really hoping though that the bt speed test shows the all clear and that its a profiling issue.

Regards,