cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would +net meet us 1/2 way?

N/A

if we have no choice abt this management then maybe could +net meet us 1/2 way by either extending the peak time usage bit higher or by only reducing use to level 1 512k and no slower?
7 REPLIES
N/A

I would like to see some form of action also if your hoping to keep custom. Im sitting on level 3 at the minute, and although PN say its perfectly acceptable im getting sooo much packet loss that my connections keep binning out, and considerign i only read forums loading a chat is taking ages.

Either raise the peak time cap of lower the management levels guyss please, level 2 was livable but level 3 is just a sheer joke.

Im in the middle of creating a website for a project on my webspace, and uploading a 5mb website has become a very long task, as has downloading it when i want to view it.

Its not lowering my bandwidth at all, its just making things take longer to load. Im still going to hit my 11GB average.
N/A

Err. they are reducing The p2p/usenet/ftp peak time usage to the same as the sup peak time usage soon. I think they wanted to see how it affected the network first. So next stage is to raise this peak time and i believe it wont be that long away.

My guess is early febuary. maybe the end of the month. Not really sure.
N/A

@redesdale plusnet webspace or somewhere else?

512K i can live with. 256K i can live with. below that and i think its a bit harsh
N/A

Plusnet webspace mate. Check it out if you want.

http://www.redesdale.plus.com/
N/A

plusnet webspace is supposed to be exempt from the Clean Allowance 20gb stuff. :/ Site loads fine here

11GB average. PER MONTH? If so errr. if ur on premier? it shudnt be near ur 20gb clean allownce :/
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I assume we are talking about Broadband Plus here. If so then I should say that if the level of management on Broadband Plus is causing you problems then you are probably on the wrong account type. Broadband Plus is designed as an entry level or light usage account with a fixed cost.

The levels of management are there to keep the product as a whole with design limits of that account. The rough guideline we published of 5GB between 8am and midnight is where you would start to see the effects of the management. If you need to do more than this then I would suggest looking at either our PAYG offer for 10GB included at £19.99 or Premier at £21.99 as these would be much more suited to that type of usage.
N/A

This makes me so annoyed. When I signed on to BB+ I was told i would get UNLIMITED bandwidth but with restrictions on P2P. No one said 'oh well the + product isnt really designed for this, or that or the other'.

Now crudnet change their terms and conditions again and again and again so Im stuck to 5 gig and have to worry and keep checking on my usage to make sure Im not going over because tutut, 'The Plus service is only designed for light use'.

Hows about I decide to change the terms and conditions of my contract and say that as youve essentially massively reduced what your supplying me Im no longer going to pay you 15 quid a month im only going to pay you 7?

I certainly will be upgrading and paying more for more bandwidth, but its not going to be with plusnet.