cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will someone please sort out plusnet CS!

N/A

I dont know about everyone else, but im getting sick of the silly questions and answers i get back from the customer service team.

Looking at my account this morning, my invoice seemed part-paid, when i contacted customer support, they said oh, you've only paid 21.49 not 21.99. If anyone had taken the 2 seconds to check my referals you will see there is 1 on it, that entitles me to a 50p discount off of my invoice.

Secondly, 6 weeks after opening a ticket about problems on my line, and a visit from a bt engineer who confirmed it was a line problem, plusnet email me saying we believe you spoke to bt and there are no connection problems. Thats funny as when i was on the phone to bt, the guy on the other end could hear the interference, and then here the modem re-syncing up with the exchange. It seems that bt wholesale and plusnet are un-able to communicate with each other efficently on this matter, i'd ring up bt wholesale myself, but as a member of the general public, i cant, and thats what makes it even more difficult, having to have my problems sent to bt wholesale via the aid of chinese wispers through plusnet CS.

and before i get another member of staff post a reply up saying "have you check your filter?!" i've check and re-checked everything and tested at other premises.

Soon im going to get to the point where i'll be writing to the top dogs at plus net, because to me it seems like customer support aren't really that capable to handle my queries.

Stuart.
23 REPLIES
arlehaven
Grafter

Hello Stuart.

As you are probably well aware, this is a community support forum, the members generally posting in this forum have no more contact with the CS than you have never mind sort them out.

As a community we can however come together, listen to your problem and try to help you resolve it.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to wether you still actually have a problem or wether your just having a wee rant. Smiley

It does appear from time to time that the CS staff do ask silly questions but these questions are generally relevant to ascertaining your problem and it helps them to help you get it sorted. If you are having connection problems then it is a good idea to carry out every step that they recommend to you, including filters, disconecting other devices, phones fax's etc, checking to see if the voice line is OK. All these checks need to be carried out before contacting BT and it is generally wise to let Plusnet take this step rather than you, that way there is no breakdown in communication.

If you would like to post further details of your actual problem, or connection difficulties you are experiencing either myself or another member of the community may be able to help.
N/A

Really Rubbish Service !!!!!

I could'nt agree more with you about CS. I raised a ticket a few weeks ago about the Very poor speeds - upload and download. This just trying to read my email and trying to move to Trash and web browsing. Everytime I have tried to get to the plusnet home page to login , it has either come up with cannot find server or takes a very long time to display. Trying to get a web page to display is worse than using dialup. I am on 512k Home Surf and have had this for 3 years now. The answer I got from CS about the ticket raised was , They could get BT to test my line and if no fault found , would have to pay about £60 and BT might even take my Broadband away from me if the quality was poor. Is that helpful or what. I don't believe that Plusnet have done any tests themselves . They are not what you would call helpful , or not the ones that I have had dealings with.

I would really like to have had a whoosh test done on my line , but that is probably asking too much!!!!!

Before I raised a ticket I specifically asked either Dave T. or Ben some questions about how to find out if my line was faulty or how I could go about getting a whoosh test done etc , but no reply.

Cheers
Ian Evil
N/A

its more than a random rant, its a problem thats still outstand after 6 weeks because i keep get passed around and then repeatedly asked the same questions as customer services dont re-read parts of the post, they annoyingly ask the same questions.
N/A

Hi gardeni,

Firstly I you go through the normal diagnostics steps and eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by your hardware, internal wiring or config, then you wont have to worry about paying BT anything.

First off it might be worth running the BT Speed Test. This will help identify the source of your issue and rule Plus Net in or out of the equation.

As part of ruling out your wiring, though tbh i dont think this is the issue, see This tutorial, and lastly the ADSL Trouble Shooting Guide should cover everything we might have missed. Smiley

Providing you cover all those points, tedious as it may seem, BT wont charge you anything. The new automated ADSL fault checker should also cover many of the potential problems if you have to go that far.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
N/A

Stuart, If the line fault goes as far as manifesting as noise on the line, it's up to BT to fix the line. Nag 151 until they sort it. You don't even need to mention ADSL if you're getting line crackle.

I had similar problems until they dug a hole outside my house and repaired some wires. There's a lot of ropey cables out there which are decades old, BT don't replace them until they go wrong. Not great for ADSL transmission.
Discostoo
Grafter

yep, same here. BT fixed my line and everything's ok now....Apart from the SUP...grr..
N/A

ok, but first thing they asked was do you have broadband equipment, yes i said, then said oh, you need to speak to your isp who will get onto bt wholesale, we dont deal with that, we've run numerous analogue line tests and cant find anything wrong. The phone line from my house runs overhead actually and isn't underground.
N/A

If you purely report crackling on the line it's strange that they ask about broadband equipment. If you get ADSL problems AND no crackle on the line, then it's back to Plusnet.
N/A

still waiting for a reply nearly 36 hours after opening a ticket, even after adding a sarcastic comment to my ticket "la la la, 24 hrs gone and still waiting"
N/A

I think I'd get fired from ADSL CS pretty quickly, probably for telling someone where to shove their connection :shock:
N/A

well at least there'd be some responce then, not no responce!
N/A

oh and thats right mark, ignore my post that i originally posted, and reply to gardeni's post. Another thing annoying about plus net staff, ignore your post and pickup on someone else half way down.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If the problem is with your physical line you will not get anywhere very fast reporting it as an ADSL fault.

With crackle on the line I would:

1. Disconnect all equipment and extensions, then plug a known good handset in to the master socket.

2. Listen on the line for crackle (try using 17070 option 2 for a quiet line test).

3. If the line is OK, but crackle comes back when you put everything back to normal you need to investigate everything on your side.

4. If there's crackle on the quiet line from the master socket report the fault to 151.

You may need to repeat the tests at different times and in different weather conditions - it may only be bad when it's raining for example. Pinning it down like that should help BT find the cause.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

do you not think i've tried all this myself? im quite a competent computer user, infact have just installed my own linux server that can run my websites forum as i cant trust plusnets cgi servers, i can install adsl in many home and have done in the past and only this time have i had a problem. i've taken the exact same equipment to another premises and there have been no problems. i've un-plugged the extension in my home and run the router into the test socket behind the bt master socket directly. Anything before the bt master socket is bt's problem, not mine. i've also done the quiet line test on several occasions and the interference is there when the equipment is plugged in, and synced with the exchange.