Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is PN portal so slow?

sinewave
Grafter

Am I the only one seeing this?
I find the PN portal to be the slowest web site I know. Shouldn't it be a shining example of speed, considering its by/supplied by an ISP. Apart from when there are "known problems" its still frustratingly slow compared to other large/complicated sites. I've just timed some things (I'm Maxed and speed tests show I'm pretty consistently getting over 4Mb/s)...

Amazon home page: 4sec
Apple.com (US): 6sec
ebay.co.uk: 3sec
pressing "search" on google for "plusnet" results in full page download in less than 2 seconds! (and its searching the world too!! google is cool)

PN home page: 30sec
yes! thirty seconds to download fully!!!!
its true all these timings will vary, and every now and then there'll seem to be a stall of some sort perhaps - all "natural" - but the PN site ~always~ seems considerably less responsive.

What gives?

(and the latest email problems are just taking the p**** aren't they? - sorry feeling ranty now)
5 REPLIES
N/A

If you try loading portal pages from outside plusnet/another ISP, it is lightning quick I find :shock:
N/A

Because they are ****.....Its either one thing or another with this ISP, going to the dogs...I think the submarine should torpedo it and put it out of its misery!!!
N/A

Re: why is PN portal so slow?

- sorry feeling ranty now)

Surely you are on the wrong website if you are feeling "ranty"

LOL
sinewave
Grafter

Re: why is PN portal so slow?

- sorry feeling ranty now)

Surely you are on the wrong website if you are feeling "ranty"

LOL

ha!
believe me, I'd rather be using a "d" than a "t"!
N/A

Gotta say the combination of appalling CS wait times, shockingly slow portal, and the screw-ups trying to setup my new account are seriously tempting me to move elsewhere