cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why dont plusnet ever post this?

N/A

http://www.zensupport.co.uk/service_status/ADSL.asp?headlineid=3290

this is the sort of information that would be useful. my exchange. ( dorking ) is on there for last week. yet the first i heard of it was this.
8 REPLIES
NickP
Dabbler

Hmmm, why doesn't BT?
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

All major issues we receive from BT are posted on our service status or announcement page. If a particular exchange is down, the CSC are generally notified, but faults are not always down to the exchange being down (although obviously this will cause some issues), so we are reluctant to close them as such.

regards

Luke
pcorker
Grafter

Thanks for the useful link.
Pat.
N/A

so do you get information like i posted?

if so would it be possable for you to post this in Announcements/Service Updates. ?

or even better. presumably you know what exchanges people are on, and so could you e-mail the people affected? maybe a week or so before hand?

this may cut down on the number of people phoning up and asking why the can't connect etc.

i know most the work is done at night/early morning, this is just a suggestion.
N/A

The btopenworld broadband pages is also pretty good when there is an exchange problem, the problems are also on the freephone number too

Link

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Display text added to link, as it was disrupting the page.]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We do receive this information, unfortunately the information we receive is not in the most user friendly format. Today alone we've received 20 emails regarding maintenance work each. Each email can list between 10 and several hundred customers affected by work and can be across multiple exchanges.

We are looking at implementing something along these lines, but putting the data together is going to be the difficult part.
N/A

ok, thanks for that. would be a great thing to see.

thanks
N/A

yup i to was experiencing a problem a few weeks ago whereby i thought it was my DSL splitters and went and bought 3 new ones only to find the problem still occuring. After looking at every possible thing it could be i then stumbled across a page on BTopenworlds service status page and saw that low and behold BT were carrying out work on my exchange those particular weeks which would result in my connection dropping occassionaly! if only plusnet had such, it would have saved me both time and money!

but anyway, plusnet your a great isp and ive recommended you to anyone i know planning on getting broadband. keep up the good work!