cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do i have no upgrade when somebdy on my exchange does

N/A

I set up my friend's broadband on plusnet this weekend, and was shocked to see they were on 2Mb when i am not, even though we are on the same exchange, the same DSLAM etc. It is not just me who is not upgraded, as another friend who is on BT lives further away from the exchange than me and is on 2Mb. do i need to ring plusnet or change an option somewhere? i have tried resetting my router.

Help Appriceiated.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

If your friends ADSL was a new activation then they will have been provisioned at the faster speed from the off.

As for your upgrade, it will be provisioned in accordance with the current BT program. For a rough guide to when yours will happen enter your phone number here

This is a rough guide and many people have found that BT, as usual, are not running exactly to schedule.

At this point, other than paying £14.99 to queue jump, you can do little but wait.
N/A

Indeed.

I also beleive BT customers where upgraded via a different method to the one PlusNet is using, and was ordered months prior to PlusNets annoucement.
N/A

my DSLAM was supposed to be upgraded in may, now it had moved to june, doubt it'll be done though Sad
Community Veteran

Mine was april and still is april, I'm sure all the DSLAM's will be done sometime in the next million years :roll: