cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who else thinks its time+n took another look at upgrades?

N/A

ok i am not pleased at all now, just been to check my dslam for my exchange and got hit with real crappy news, its now july/august, instead of the june that was stated from the start......

...me thinks its time + net started handing out some gratis upgrades here....3 years of paying them 21.99 must stand in good sted somewere shouldnt it,??

to think i now have to pay the same as a lot of folks for slower service, and now till august..just aint on in my opinon.

i honestly dont think now its JUST up to bt anymore... you cant have folks paying SAME price for DIFFERANT products...that just isnt right, and highly unfair.

another look shuld be on the cards me thinks...why should i pay 21 99 for 512, when others have 2 meg....and like i say you have had 3 years of this amount....adds upto a LOT of money, so hows about some kind of loyalty to your long term customers......i get nothing but grief when i contact cs, about ANYTHING to do with upgrade info...so come on +net, do something,.....this simply aint fair anymore, especially now for another 2/3 months

edit update.

i would like a +net cs to contact me about this because its just not right now ,giving these new dates now, folks paying same amounts for differant products,just not right.
87 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Erm, these are gratis upgrades?

BT are not on schedule in some areas. My exchange included (though I'm already on 2Mb).

It is quite an excercize upgrading hundreds of thousands of customers - it needs to be spread over a few months to ensure stability and reliablility of the network.
N/A

m8 yes i know and do apriciate they are already gratis upgrades, but m8, you can not say now its right for some customers to be on better product, but paying same, and like i say we looking at end of august (if not longer knowing bt), now , and that is simply not right.

and also what sticks in my mind, is the fact if i pay the 14.99 they will do it now, that just stinks even more....i think tbh , 3 and a bit years of 21.99 should mean something, and paying them 14.99 for something others are geting for nothing...again just aint right......and i didnt want to say this but.....you are on 2meg...and you pay same as me....you think thats rightHuh...becase i dont m8...

.. yes for a few weeks maybe, but not for months thats not right.

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is not required. Please avoid doing this.]
N/A

This is a problem with BT and not with PlusNet.

I decided that I wasn't going to wait until July (it's now August) and upgraded for £14.99...that option is open to everyone if they want their speed increase immediately.

Otherwise, yup you may be paying the same price for a few months as someone on 2mb...but some people can't get over 512k/1mb and will be paying the same price for longer than a few months...that's just how the new products are.
N/A

I to am waiting for the free upgrade.

my exchange was due to be completed 21.06.05, but after checking this morning, gues what its now been moved to July.

Right my main beef is this, I started with +n in jan 04 and and payed 24.99, for the 512 starter pack (free cx + modem), 12 months later they never dropped the price automatically, and they never informed me that I have to ring up and ask for the drop to 21.99.

Now +n bring out 2mb 21.99 premier account, which I last month I changed my account to, the guy on the phone asked me for 14.99 (cheek when I had overpayed for at least 3 months) to which I replied " I will take my MAC code first" the csa then said we will waive that for you sir, and then proceeded to tell me that the upgrade would be done in june.

Right its June, and no upgrade, what you going to do about it +n, and dont reply with the usual it takes ages because we have loads of accounts and its BT's fault!

No the fault is yours, I will explain - If I had payed the 14.99 then the upgrade would have been done within 2weeks or so, so you can order the upgrade to be done asap, so why aren't you doing this anyway.

I for one think its wrong to charge me 21.99 a month for something that I am not getting, in my eyes you owe me money for not providing me with an internet connection that is able to go "up to" 2mb and that is restricted to 512k, and if I add the difference up from your 14.99 option then its more than the 14.99 anyway, so you have had your upgrade fee, so upgrade us!

I bet Carol Axe wouldnt settle for this treatment, so dont treat us this way

Gazza
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

m8 yes i know and do apriciate they are already gratis upgrades, but m8, you can not say now its right for some customers to be on better product, but paying same, and like i say we looking at end of august (if not longer knowing bt), now , and that is simply not right.

Whilst I understand your frustration, can I ask what you think would have been a better solution? Unfortuantely I don't think there is any bonafide method of pleasing everybody given the situation. We either allow people the regrades as they happen (resulting in differing speeds across the board until all the orders are complete), or throttle everybody at the speed they are currently at until all the regrade orders are complete just so no one gets a speed regrade before anybody else. I think you'll agree that the latter option wouldn't be very worthwile?

and also what sticks in my mind, is the fact if i pay the 14.99 they will do it now, that just stinks even more

£14.99 give or take a pound or two is what BT charge us for an individual regrade. We have already paid a substantial amount of money to get everybody regraded. To pay again to regrade everybody because BT are taking a little longer than first envisaged to complete our first order would defeat the object.

This was a problem we predicted when releasing BT's schedule. This is why we tried hard to make it clear that the schedule was to be used only as a rough guide. TBH we initially decided against publishing it but customer feedback suggested it would be worthwhile to do so.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

ok theres one massive question i have here that i just cant seem to grasp the point of.

you say what could have been done, and it would have been a mess with differant speeds across the board.......so ok, answer me this one...say i ring you today and say ill pay 14.99, to goto 2 meg, it will be then done in days....so how come?, thats what i cant grasp.

and an even bigger point here to, i feel its simply not right to have your so called "loyal" customers paying same price for differant products, and iam sorry no matter which way u slice that one, its completly wrong, and tbh rubbish cs.

even a gratis drop in price of anybody now STILL waiting for regrades would be the right way to go imo, my answer to it all is simple, no matter when or who does the upgrade.....customers should be no longer paying 21.99 for 512, and also should not pay 14.99 for the privalage of it somehow miraculously getting done in days if we do so.oh and lets not forget here to.....we STILL have 2 montsh to wait till we do get upgraded, and thats if bt do there job right, which we all know tbh is highly unlikly, so were would that leave us then??

the thing you got to apriciate here m8 is simple, you have very loyal customers here that have paid you a lot of money over the years and quite frankly we are sat here giving you money for nothing......your so far great cs, to me has gone completly down the pan in this total farce of the last few months, and tbh, you dont know how close iam to moving on, on sheer priciple alone, iam a masisve beliver in proper cs,me paying 21.99 now for 512 is not, plain and simple.

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is not required. Please avoid doing this.]
LiamM
Grafter

They can do it because they can place a manual order with BT for a single line to be regraded. This costs them about £12, and they pass this charge on to you.

But they have already submitted an order for all of their customers, and paid over £500,000 for this. But BT cannot do hundreds of thousands of lines overnight. 1 or 2 is fine (if you manually request it).

It's the same with anything. I work for a company that makes compost bins. If somebody pops in and orders 1, they can have it within seconds. If they want 150,000 then they're going to have to wait a while.
N/A

In addition to this, the mass regrade program is part of a much larger network upgrade program BT are performing.

It's not a simple case of upgrading all customers now, as it results in a heavily contended network. AKA, speeds are slow and reather than complain you didn't get your upgrade, you would be complaining of that instead.

Single orders are easy as noted in the example above. They are in such volumes that the existing measures to upgrade exchanges can be done as normal. But the upgrades required for mass upgrade program are far more complex.
N/A

Hmm! OK, here's another thought. If +net have paid BT £5 for each line in the bulk regrade, why can't they knock that off the £15 for a manual regrade so we could have it done for £10? Any takers for that one?
My exchange has also gone out to August in the latest info. I think that if I'd known back in April that it was going to be August (not sure which year though!), then I may have stumped up the £15 there and then. Now though, I think I'll just sit it out and wait - not a happy bunny though - I've been with +net 512k ADSL for over 3 years!
As the info regarding which DSLAM you are connected to has only been around for the last month or so, we all initially lived in hope that we would be on one of the April DSLAM upgrades - no chance!
Grrr!
LiamM
Grafter

Because BT won't knock £5 off of the price that they charge Plusnet for each manual upgrade requested already paid for.
N/A

post subject

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is not only the 100,000 or so customers on +net that are waiting for regrades there are at a rough estimate maybe 3 or 4 million others all waiting for the same thing on different ISP's all over the country .Most likely all or a lot of those are giving their CS lines greif because they wern't upgraded yesterday .What is the big hurry or do you live your life that fast At the start of the regrade procces i read somewhere that this work would take most of the summer to complet .If you want to go fast sooner than the free ones are done pay up and Get it done this week .I have also read in one of the forum post tonight that someone recond they are paying and getting nothing in return .There is an internet connection in use by that person which they pay for I wouldnt call that paying for nothing .What I would call it is good value for the money they pay .I have also read that they didnt know they could or should ring CS to get a price drop to the connection they want at the price they want to pay .If someone is paying £29.99 for the same sevice that we can all get for £21.99 at the speed they will want then it is way past time they picked up the phone and asked for the lower price to apply or raise a ticket that works as well .If or when the speed of 4mb becoms available then if you want to go that fast pay the extra .My exchange like a lot of others has gone back a month ,but instead of clogging phone lines and getting nowhere I will wait till it happens My whole point is whats the hurry ,also if someone wanted to move to another ISP because they advertise 2wMB speeds the I would almost gaurantee that they will pay that extra bit to get it now ,same as I belive happens if someone signs up to +n at 2MB they get it imediatly but I bet they pay the extra if they are asked or wait in line like everyone else .
LiamM
Grafter

If I understand it correctly, everybody's line will be upgraded at the exchange to the fastest speed it can support, however, not all ISPs will be passing on the speed increase. I.e. some ISPs will leave customers throttled at 512k for being on a 512k Service, even though they sync at 2Mb.
N/A

Liam, that's right - or atleast based on info I've heard from people I used to work with (another ISP so no names etc)
N/A

Got my free upgrade Cheesy
Had to move to pipex to get it :roll: