cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who can talk to BT wholesale

N/A

I used to have BT broadbank and xld it a while ago - they have stopped billong me. I try to sign up with plusnet, they can not help / connect me as there is still a `tag` on the line. Bt accept there is a tag on the line and that it `should ` have been removed. However they can not remove it they claim -BT wholesale must. I can not speak to BT wholesale they only speak to service providers. So what happens -BT say plusnet must speak to BT wholesale and they can sort it out. Why are plusnet not doing so - my options appear exhausted.
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Phone 0800-1699-576.

That's BT's Tag removal line.
N/A

thanks for that

bt never told bt wholesale to take the tag off!
I now have to get BT to tell wholesale!----again

................35 minutes of holding later - bt
say someone will call me back - wont say who or when!
N/A

And finally - BT and BT wholesale have spoken to each other and my line will be clear / un tagged on 19/12/06 I hope we can get my plusnet service running shortly afterwards. Thanks for your help.
James
Grafter

Not a problem. We're seeing more and more of these instances, making moving house more and more of a difficulty when trying to reconnect broadband services.

Imho, it's only going to get worse unless BT review the way that orders are submitted.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

And finally - BT and BT wholesale have spoken to each other and my line will be clear / un tagged on 19/12/06 I hope we can get my plusnet service running shortly afterwards. Thanks for your help.

I think it's pretty disgusting that you have to wait until the 19th - if they have got it wrong they should be able to sort it as a priority.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Elvin,

Cease orders take 5 working days to complete, so it would tie in with that.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 19

Imho, it's only going to get worse unless BT review the way that orders are submitted.

Statements like this do not give much confidence to the future service provision from a BT-bought-out-PlusNet! We all know that PN have had challenges recently; they can well do without the burden of being part of the even worse BT group!
csogilvie
Grafter

BT Retail are the ones interested in buying PlusNet - this will not change ANYTHING to do with orders as that is BT Wholesale, and they can not give any special treatement to any ISPs.