Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which would you prefer?

blaze30682
Grafter

which would you prefer?

as title sez.

personally id prefer a 60 gb hard cap with no limits on when u can dl.

this way i can dl what i want when i want but still have a resonable limit per month.

(NOTE)
the 60gb in poll is per month, i forgot to put that in Tongue
42 REPLIES
James
Grafter

which would you prefer?

How much would you consider paying for it? The 60GB alone would cost the ISP best part of £41 in bandwidth charges.
N/A

which would you prefer?

60Gb for £14.99 is unreasonable and unsustainable.

PAYG gets 1gb for £14.99, how could you justify 60gb for a product that is not designed for heavy use.
blaze30682
Grafter

which would you prefer?

then how do we get a 50gb limit, and im paying 14.99?

or have i been lied to yet again by plus net?
N/A

which would you prefer?

Depends on what you use it for.

You wont get 50gb clean P2P etc
blaze30682
Grafter

which would you prefer?

i very rarly dl now at all, 1 reason is the crappy limits plus net has applied.

all i do is check my emails, browse web abit and play my games, and this is where the problems come in.

i cant play css or dod ne more and i was gunna get battlefield 2 but pointless as only time i could play them for ne amount of time is after midnight and before 8am.

And having 4 kids and being disabled makes that abit hard wouldnt u say?

tbh i wish i had nvr joind plus.net, at first it was the best isp i had ever been with, wasnt limited in ne way. then all of a sudden i have a limit slapped on my head so the only thing i can do being practicaly house bound is taken from me.

just waiting for plus.net to do the honorable thing now, and let me leave free of charge, due to all the heart ache and unhappyness they have cause.

Wont hold my breath for this though.
N/A

which would you prefer?

The difficulty here is that BB+ is clearly not suitable for your needs.

It was always marketed as an entry level type product which was never designed for heavy use. There may have been some difficulty here with customer perceptions and expectaions I will accept.

The new PAYG 10GB for £19.99 including Plus Talk may be ideal for you, failing that switch to premier.

TBH you wont get much in ISP land nowdays for £14.99.
N/A

which would you prefer?

@jamesbailey I have read a few posts and have made some suggestions to those too but I would like to ask a couple more questions if I may. I intend to make suggestions from my perspective, no doubt you at PN have done your figures too but I'm sure it won't do any harm to hear some other feedback.

I have read that the mean usage of 90% or 99% Premier account holders is 9-10GB/month.

What percentage of users use more than 40gb? 1%? Or is it possible to give a good breakdown or even if you can link me to on overall usage page?

Just because you limit the cap to 60gb does not mean people will start using the full 60GB and therefore even if the cost of providing this is as you state it evens it out overall. I will also refer to some other suggestions that I made http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=279906#279906

People like myself who only use 10gb/month at most, this is rare as my average in 3-6GB, will carry on doing so yet paying the same amount.

Therefore what percentage of heavy users i.e. those who use >=60gb/month would it take not to be able to implement one overall cap limit?

Thanks.
blaze30682
Grafter

which would you prefer?

tbh the price isnt the prob, id most prob be able to afford up to £30-40 a month.

its the way in which things have been implemented.

when i joind i was told for my 14.99 id have unlimited BB.

regardless of what ne 1 sez i was sold this package as unlimited!

i was not informed that in 4 months time i would be forced to monitor what i do on the net and didnt get ne corrispondance till merlback(my sister) informed me what had been done.

personally plus.net imo was a great isp, now its just another aol, trying to get as much money as they can out of there customers.

It seems it isnt only the lower end packages that r having problems with the new management, ive seen prem package users complaining as well.

tbh i think it abt time plus.net made a general statement stating how all the management works and the limits in plain english, not technical jargon.

And start trying to make there customers happy again with some kind of compensation before we all deside to leave.

After all what gd is an isp without ne customers?
blaze30682
Grafter

which would you prefer?

@jamesbailey I have read a few posts and have made some suggestions to those too but I would like to ask a couple more questions if I may. I intend to make suggestions from my perspective, no doubt you at PN have done your figures too but I'm sure it won't do any harm to hear some other feedback.

I have read that the mean usage of 90% or 99% Premier account holders is 9-10GB/month.

What percentage of users use more than 40gb? 1%? Or is it possible to give a good breakdown or even if you can link me to on overall usage page?

Just because you limit the cap to 60gb does not mean people will start using the full 60GB and therefore even if the cost of providing this is as you state it evens it out overall. I will also refer to some other suggestions that I made http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=279906#279906

People like myself who only use 10gb/month at most, this is rare as my average in 3-6GB, will carry on doing so yet paying the same amount.

Therefore what percentage of heavy users i.e. those who use >=60gb/month would it take not to be able to implement one overall cap limit?

Thanks.

good point, some months ill use 5gb max, others ill use 30-40gb.

a 60gb hard cap limit, as u say is gd but dosnt mean all will use there 60gb a month.

only prob is if plus.net have to pay for the 60 gb wether it is used or not.
N/A

which would you prefer?

@ rsharma

The UserGroup published some figures towards the end of last year which may interest you.

The info can be seen here
N/A

which would you prefer?

The 60GB alone would cost the ISP best part of £41 in bandwidth charges.

Just out of interest what would be the "ball park" figure the customer would pay based on that cost to the ISP?

Just wondering because to be honest I would sooner pay something along those lines for that sort of hard cap if for no other reason than to know that at no time of the day am I going to managed.

I also recall that not so long ago Plusnet was one of the more expensive ISP's around...... but the quality of service at that time was outstanding.

So is there no chance of a true "Premier" account based on that cap and cost?
James
Grafter

which would you prefer?

It would be practically impossible to price owing to a number of customers not hitting the cap, but...

Bandwidth @ 68p per GB = £40.80
BT Rental = £8.40
Company stuff (Property, heating, staff, etc) = £2
Profit = £2

= £53.20

Doesn't take into account the cost of Centrals though, but then...

1) I don't work in Marketing Wink
2) It's hard to gauge because of the heavy user/light user argument.
N/A

which would you prefer?

@ rsharma

The UserGroup published some figures towards the end of last year which may interest you.

The info can be seen here

Thank you for the link? What usage does PN feel is reasonable for the users? This is where the problem lies.

Why not deal with the top 4% of users, monitor those accounts and after a 3 warning, not limited to a certain period, deactivate the account? I think it is far better to place an overall cap limit of a figure that allows PN to function as a business and keep 96% of current users happy and without the current restrictions. This will of course allow you to keep attracting new customers who will hear about you from their friends and colleagues.

It would be far better this way than to place limits on the other 96% of users who are paying the full price and are not causing any issues. This is the crux of the problem. The complaints you are getting here are no doubt from heavy users but you are also reading posts from members like myself who are not. Yet we are being affected because of policies implemented to curb these people. Please deal with the small minority, heavy users, without creating a policy to undermine your average users.

Thanks.
N/A

which would you prefer?

Reasonable questions indeed. I cant speak for Plus Net but from my own understanding the issue may not be what is reasonable but what is sustainable or perhaps more aptly, affordable for the average customer.

As can be seen above, James has outlined some of the costs involved. Dave T has a couple of fairly detailed posts made previously on the forums which may provide more information. If I can find these I'll link to them.

As can be imagined, what is sustainable compared to what end users are willing or prepared to pay, may be two different things.

Plus Net have said for some time that they fully epect wholesale charges to come down and at that point allowances should increase.

From a purely business point of view, it seems logical that Plus Net would cater for the vast majority of the customer base and in fact that is what it seems they are doing.