cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whens off/on peak then?

N/A

whens off/on peak then?

it seems to change so often, thought id check what is peak and what is off peak these days?

edit: im on the 30:1 2MB broadband connection.. dunno what its called.. broadband plus maybe
14 REPLIES
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

Peak-time is currently 8am till midnight.
This will be changing to 4pm till midnight sometime during March.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

if your on 30:1 then you are on premier.

How much is the cost of the package you are on ?

Either way here are the peak times for both

BB+
8AM - Midnight peaktime ( with talk about it becoming 4PM - Midnight again in March )

Premier
4PM - Midnight ( SUP Allowance )
8AM - Midnight ( Clean to allowance. 20GB FTP/USENET/P2P ) ( This is moving back to 4PM - Midnight hopefully in March )

Hope this helps a little.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

For Premier 2Mb, I thought the 30GB SUP peak allowance for all HTTP, P2P, FTP etc (everything) was 8am - midnight, not 4pm - midnight.

Also, like you said, there's 20GB FTP/P2P allowance was during peak hours 8am - midnight and 100GB total for everything peak and off-peak.

Am I confused too? Please put me right if I'm not.
Community Veteran

whens off/on peak then?

from one of my other posts:

In general:

if you go over the 30 gig peak or 100gig anytime twice in three months you will be emailed to ask you to cut back

if you go over the 30gig peak and 100gig anytime twice in 6months or you get 3 warnings in 6months then you get peak time management for 1 month for p2p etc traffic only

if you go over the 30 gig peak and 150 gig anytime twice in 6months or you get put on management 3 times in 6months you get put on 24/7 management on all traffic

ALSO

for P2P / Usenet / FTP ONLY

You can download up to 20gig at full speed
the next 5 gig (20-25gig) at 512kbps (level 1)
the next 5 gig (25-30gig)at 256kbps (level 2)
the next 5 gig (30-35 gig) at 128kbps (level 3)
35+ at 64kbps (level 4)
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

Hi there,

SUP and Clean To details in a clear and concise way available from the UserGroup site here

Have a look at some of the other info pages. All in all its written for the customer by the customer and shoud be easier to wade through.
Community Veteran

whens off/on peak then?

SUP is 4pm to midnight, P2P/Usenet/FTP traffic management peak is 8am to midnight. Once full automation of the traffic management is in place, P2P/Usenet/FTP peak will revert to 4pm to midnight.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

You can download up to 20gig at full speed

This needs clarified.

The ability to deliver the clean to rates at full speed has been discussed elswere on these boards over the last few days.

Basically you will get the so called clean to allowances at the fastest speed possible, subject to the amount of bandwidth being available at the time.

The chances of getting it at full speed are virtually nil.
JonathanW
Grafter

whens off/on peak then?

For Premier 2Mb, I thought the 30GB SUP peak allowance for all HTTP, P2P, FTP etc (everything) was 8am - midnight, not 4pm - midnight.

No, the SUP peak time is 4pm - midnight for everything, on the Premier package. And we will soon be changing the Clean To traffic management to run from 4pm - midnight as well.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

I finally thought I was getting to grips with it, appears I was wrong, heh.
Thanks for the clarification Jon.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

hi all

No, the SUP peak time is 4pm - midnight for everything, on the Premier package. And we will soon be changing the Clean To traffic management to run from 4pm - midnight as well.

so when CLEAN and SUP are brought together 4pm to midnight do we get 20GB or 30GB to download P2P etc...
JonathanW
Grafter

whens off/on peak then?

Clean To will remain at 20gb, for p2p/ftp/nntp, but SUP will remain at 30gb as that covers all traffic types.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

Thx for a quick reply

I take it theres no set date atm is it liable to take affect this month or in march sometime. sooner the better i hope and then we can all settle down to the new system.

many thanks
JonathanW
Grafter

whens off/on peak then?

Due to some further work that has had to be done, we're currently looking at getting this in place during March. Though at the moment I have no set date during the month.
N/A

whens off/on peak then?

thx for the replys peeps. i know when to run my dloads now Wink