cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will these lines be upgraded?

N/A

my free regrade to 2Mb has been promised repeatedly since May, and finally this month I cracked and paid the £14.99 for a manual regrade. when. after a week, I hadn't heard anything more about this, I started to chase the order, only to find that there was some admin. problem holding it up. here, 10 days after they took payment for the regrade, I've been told that it will be another couple of days before they can update me on progress! not until the regrade is carried out, but until they can tell me anything more. why do PlusNet consider this sort of continual keeping-in-the-dark acceptable? I'm paying more for my 512Kb line than my neighbour - who I referred to PlusNet - is for his 2Mb line. how is this fair? I am 55 metres from my exchange so the line can definately support this speed, but it seems like PlusNet are doing everything they can to get in the way. since the amusingly-titled customer service operator wouldn't or couldn't give me any idea how long this was going to take, I cancelled the order. so now it looks like the only way for me to get a 2Mb line is to migrate to another ISP. how did PlusNet go from having such great value and great service to the situation they are in now, alienating large chunks of their customer base at every turn?

In case anyone is about to point me in the direction of the user tools and exchange checkers - thanks, but I already know where they are. there is a .pdf from BT that is updated every month to show that my DSLAM is set to be upgraded next month, so I don't particularly trust that
11 REPLIES
N/A

No idea what they're doing but whatever they've told you is a lie, how do I know this? Most people get the 2mb speed within 3-5 days (or 1 day if after 3 you phone up to complain as was my case).

Maybe they know your exchange is due to be upgraded within the next week or 2 so they're gonna take the money and keep it as you'll be upgraded as part of the mass upgrades? Total speculation but it would not suprise me at all right now.
N/A

yes, it's all lies

miraculously, after much complaining by me, it appears there is a secret special magic (ahem) way they can rush my order through within 48-72 hours. just goes to show, the squeaky wheel gets all the grease

yes, I strongly suspect they were hoping to collect my £14.99 and let me be upgraded 'for free' along with the rest of my exchange
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm amazed at the way PlusNet have gone in recent times. Not so long ago customers trusted what ever they said, now no one believes anything they say.

I think PlusNet would do well to employ as decent customer relations officer and give him/her a free hand to give customers the service they once enjoyed.
N/A

Yes, of all things I'd be happiest if the investment was in customer relations instead of the board's new porches.
N/A

Er, this PDF that gets updated by BT. Dont suppose you have a link to itHuh
If not, have a gander at where the Canterbury Exchange pops up on it.

Cheers
Julie
Grafter

Hi tleask

Welcome to the forums, if you go here you can find details of your exhange and information relating to your exchange by entering your telephone number,

This information is taken from the last pdf that Plusnet were given by BT and is now not up to date, we were told that a new one should be available soon.
N/A

after waiting for 5 months, BT are goin to upgraded my line this month . But no confirmation email from +Net
N/A

Yeah, ive been looking at that site quite a few times, but...

1) Is doesn't tell me which dslam in on

2) Im in the process of migrating so i expect that i won't get upgraded now anyway and have to wait for the clean up operation.
N/A

another miracle

after basically a whole afternoon of b!tching and complaining and making a fuss with PluNet over the phone, and after being told the regrade would take another week, lo and behold first thing this morning I've got a nice shiny new 2Mb connection :-)

seems that if you become a real thorn in their side, they'll rush your regrade through to get a bit of peace and quiet......
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

Hi tleask

Welcome to the forums, if you go here you can find details of your exhange and information relating to your exchange by entering your telephone number,

This information is taken from the last pdf that Plusnet were given by BT and is now not up to date, we were told that a new one should be available soon.

It says my exchange server should have been upgraded in July, but I'm still on 1Mb. Is there something I can do to speed things up? (no pun intended) Call someone?, send an e-mail to someone? raise a ticket?

I see that link has not been changed since June 21st! An eternity in the "fast moving" internet world :roll:

Dave
N/A

Is there something I can do to speed things up? (no pun intended) Call someone?,

Just join the queue of the belated upgrades. Pn said they might have some info soon, and BT said it would be all done by September. Now wash mouth out with soap and water and watch nose grow long.