cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will the 8mb be coming & will there be better uploa

N/A

i am caurious when the 8mb broadband be coming as i have heard about but dates have been set.allso will there be a better upload speed
29 REPLIES
N/A

Hello thunder11,

Hay!! dont get too excited yet no actual launch dates have been announced just vague time scales as yet. Any BT MAXDSL (next generation of broadband service with speed above 2MB's wont become a reality until next year some time in the spring-ish!!).

The 8MB service F9 Plusnet have talked about will only be as a result of F9's collaboration with another providor which is EasyNet ( a business focused ISP) this based on LLU and will only initially be available from certain exchanges & in specific areas. These have been listed recently most of which are south of Watford gap and mainly in London or Great London. So unless you live in one of the specific areas I wouldnt hold your breath TBH.

**Yes! when 8MB's arrives I believe the uplink speed will also increase, I think this will only be to 1MB though (dont quote me that though).

Ivan
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The market trial of DSLMax (It's been renamed by BT) will start at the end of this month, so we are hoping that we will be able to get quite a few of our customers on these faster speeds soon.
N/A

The market trial of DSLMax (It's been renamed by BT) will start at the end of this month, so we are hoping that we will be able to get quite a few of our customers on these faster speeds soon.

Ben

For the market trial, do you have to be on the 39.99 price plan already, or will f9 customers at ramdom be selected, for example, from the 21.99 premier range.

I ask, cause the exchange i am on is up for the trial, (helensburgh) and would not mind having a go.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'm not sure of the details of the trial yet, they are still to be finalised. We will be trying to get the customers already paying for the faster speeds onto those speeds as soon as we can, so I imagine they will take precidence over everyone else.
N/A

I'm not sure of the details of the trial yet, they are still to be finalised. We will be trying to get the customers already paying for the faster speeds onto those speeds as soon as we can, so I imagine they will take precidence over everyone else.

Too bl*ody right, since us 39.99'ers were promised to be first in the queue, I'd be very anoyed if 21.99'ers were upgraded ahead of us.
N/A

Too bl*ody right, since us 39.99'ers were promised to be first in the queue, I'd be very anoyed if 21.99'ers were upgraded ahead of us.

No need to be rude about it. I was only asking!

Sorry about going off topic but i have 100 Posts!!!!! :lol: Shocked Cheesy Smiley :shock: :x Tongue Wink
N/A

Sorry, the frustration was not aimed at you for asking, it was aimed at f9 for overcharging us on a very flimsy promise at the same time as kicking us in the teeth.
N/A

Hi,

There has been ALOT of complaint about F9 Plusnet over charging for a 4/8MB service which frankly doesnt yet exsist and Yes! I agree the promises are and where extremely flmsy. But having said that if you had read the forums I have been telling people for ages NOT too waste your money and to either downgrade to the 2MB service and then when it arrives upgrade thus saving your hard earned cash.

Ivan
N/A

Sorry, the frustration was not aimed at you for asking, it was aimed at f9 for overcharging us on a very flimsy promise at the same time as kicking us in the teeth.

No problem, i was a bit off as well! Sorry!
Marteknet
Grafter

Re: when will the 8mb be coming & will there be better u

i am caurious when the 8mb broadband be coming as i have heard about but dates have been set.allso will there be a better upload speed

Don't hold you breath, I am on 2M (up to 2M in small writing at bottom of F9's adverts) But I can only get 1M despite the fact that there is a second line in to the house from the same junction box and exchange that zips along happily at 2M plus, that's with Eclipse. I have asked BT and F9 why this should be but its a big waste of time as they don't give a dam about the service they both provide.

It seem that force9 are ripping everyone off, people paying for higher speeds that don't even exist and at the same time capping their bandwidth by so-called bronze, silver services, these are just fancy names for bandwidth control measures. why pay more to go faster and reach your bandwidth cap sooner?
N/A

Don't hold you breath, I am on 2M (up to 2M in small writing at bottom of F9's adverts) But I can only get 1M despite the fact that there is a second line in to the house from the same junction box and exchange that zips along happily at 2M plus, that's with Eclipse. I have asked BT and F9 why this should be but its a big waste of time as they don't give a dam about the service they both provide.

It seem that force9 are ripping everyone off, people paying for higher speeds that don't even exist and at the same time capping their bandwidth by so-called bronze, silver services, these are just fancy names for bandwidth control measures. why pay more to go faster and reach your bandwidth cap sooner?

I think that’s a wee bit unfair on F9, Its BT which owns the line, and its BT who control the line, so it should be up to BT to tell you the reasons why you cant get 2mb on that line. Its likely BT has told F9 that it can’t take 2mb, so what are f9 meant to do about it? They could ask again, but get the same response?

About the bandwidth Control, I am totally in favour of them! I was just reading the ASDLguide forums, where some guy had downloaded over 600 GB in one month! - Which I think is totally PATHETIC!! - What if every one started to do that - bet you would be complaining about the service level then!! (I would be too)

I am in no way supporting the way f9 brought in the new SUP; it was really bad customer service and a good way to get rid of a lot of loyal users; however I am totally supporting the principle of the idea!
Marteknet
Grafter

I think that’s a wee bit unfair on F9, Its BT which owns the line, and its BT who control the line, so it should be up to BT to tell you the reasons why you cant get 2mb on that line. Its likely BT has told F9 that it can’t take 2mb, so what are f9 meant to do about it? They could ask again, but get the same response?

My contract is with Force9. They are the ones who take money for a ADSL service up to 2M from me, they are the ones who bring in new measures to control my bandwidth usage, so I think its only fair for them to sort out problems that relate to the service I am paying for. After all its they who pay BT for what bandwidth I use not me, that's why they have brought in the capping, lets be clear here without any form of capping then ADSL speed is directly related to bandwidth usage, faster downloads mean higher bandwidth in any given period of time. They pay BT for the bandwidth usage, not me, my contract is with F9 not BT.
N/A

My contract is with Force9. They are the ones who take money for a ADSL service up to 2M from me, they are the ones who bring in new measures to control my bandwidth usage, so I think its only fair for them to sort out problems that relate to the service I am paying for. After all its they who pay BT for what bandwidth I use not me, that's why they have brought in the capping, lets be clear here without any form of capping then ADSL speed is directly related to bandwidth usage, faster downloads mean higher bandwidth in any given period of time. They pay BT for the bandwidth usage, not me, my contract is with F9 not BT.

Hi, I see where your coming from about your contract with F9, and your correct, they should provide the required service, which, they are, the service your on is up to 2 mb, not a 2mb guaranteed service.

However i was more trying to say about your comments of F9 not giving a dam about you, what proof have you got that they have not tried to get your line 2mb?

F9 can only request your line to be upgrade, its BT problem if the line can’t take it! - however F9 does represent you on this issue, so yes you should be going throw them, I just think it a wee bit unfair to say they don’t give a dam about there customers, if that was the case, it would be near-impossible to contact or talk to the company.
N/A

Do while ISP = 10
ISP =1
Relying on BT network again = pain in the ass
ISP's should get away from BT
ISP=ISP +1
next

Sub (im sick of isps having to rely on BT)
Define ISP1 as moaning.object
ISP1 = "My only other option is to go with an LLU service" = YAY !
ISP1.why.dont.isps.move.away.from.bt.monopoly open
return