cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats with this garbage you call an adsl service

N/A

Today, I am getting VERY bad speeds. I'm on the premium 2MB service and all in all I am getting a total of 60kbps. Tried with ftp, torrents, websites loading... even on their own these cannot go past 60kbps. This is rediculas. It is quite clear to me that this ISP cannot take the load. They insist on having people sign up but they cannot handle it.

Next month I am migrating to another isp. I have been on this less than a month. I migrated from pipex, to here on a one month contract. Looking at other isps now and theres some good ones at just £4 more a month. Not alot of webspace included etc but at least I'll have a good connection.

Plusnet staff reading this take note: I will not be paying a fee to move over to another ISP. I did not have to do this with pipex, I'm not doing it with you. If legal action has to be taken against you, It shal be done.

Its a shame really... I live in sheffield were this joke of an ISP is based. Would be nice to stay but I don't pay for a service I am not getting.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Have you done a BT speedtest? This will show whether the problem is actually with plusnet. details here:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27
N/A

i just restrained a fairly harsh reply :lol:

the first paragraph of which was a suggestion to try the BT speedtest. do as Daniel says if you are to expect any sympathy.
N/A

Hello. No offence but frankly I am sick of seeing "have you done a bt speed testHuh"

It gets old. I didnt have any troubles like this at all with pipex. In 2 years, nothing like this.

Clearly this isp cannot handle all the connections.

--EDIT: just to stop any bull from plus net, bt tests are fine. shows as 1755. Not exactly 2000 but alot closer than what i get while connected to plusnet.
N/A

but have you tried the bt speedtest?
N/A

see my edit above.
N/A

does the plusnet speed checker produce worse results?
N/A

yes.
N/A

How much worse?

Speedcheckers aren't the greatest way of checking your line out...

Anyway if you've done a BT speedtest and the problem is on the Plusnet side have you bothered to raise a ticket to get support to have a look at your account?

When you say your stat's are poor what are they?
N/A

has this information been communicated to plusnet staff members? have they done nothing about it?

edit: yeah, what he said.
N/A

:lol: We need a new kind of forum which detects people making almost simulataneous posts and checks to see if they say the same thing - if so prompt the the user to see if they still want to make their post Wink
N/A

it would need to be a very intelligent system. i used entirely different vocabulary to ask the same question.
N/A

Yep, probably called getting PN to employ a bunch of intern's to act as a human script parser Wink

Anyway better wait and see if the OP supplies some more info...
N/A

Re: whats with this garbage you call an adsl service

They insist on having people sign up but they cannot handle it.

Yep you are right, no chance it can be the exchange: as how could an exchange in Shefield be busy.

03-09-2005 22:25:44 1912
03-09-2005 22:25:18 1905.3
03-09-2005 22:24:53 1912.7

Plusenet can I have my 90-100 kbps back please :-) :-)
N/A

Darlek Net reap the whirlwind of all those new signups and they are losing their traditional supporters..does not bode well.