cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats up with connection?

N/A

basically i got a email from plus tell me that there will be few changes to my connection on 3/5/06 but instead all i got so far is decreased in my upload speed to 160 Kbps and minor increase to my download to 2336 Kbps AND A DEAD HOUSE PHONE ever since tuesday. BT fools told me that my phone will be up and running before saturday!!

so can someone from plus tell me whats going on? why my upload decreased and why my landline been dead for a week?
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

This sounds like a BT issue, if you've lost the utilisation of your voice line as part of the upgrade, something which we unfortunately can do nothing about. If the connection is still flakey after the voice line is working again, then I would advise running through the tests detailed as part of the automated faults checker and see if that improves things.

However, if it is just the speeds that are out, then unfortunatly all that you can do is wait for the BT kit to determine whether or not your line can support anything faster.
N/A

well we have to wait till tomorrow for bt to fix the line and see if it improves the connection. but has it happened to anyone before?Huh
ScoUK
Grafter

Interesting to hear that... Someone I know recently experiences a similar problem (Southampton exchange) Got maxDSL'ed last week and landline died (along with DSL connection) on Friday evening!

BT are admitting a fault at their end and scheduled to fix it on Wednesday..

How on earth could such a thing happen! Thought it was just a one off but it seems not..
shellsong
Grafter

There's probably BT engineers in masses of cables, like hamsters in their nests, in exchanges throughout the country saying, "Now should I cut the red wire or the green wire?"! :lol: