cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats going on?

thunderbird30
Grafter

whats going on?

Plusnet-you really are starting to hack me off.
I was a heavy user-I cut back my useage but still paid you the same.
You introduced new terms and conditions but I still paid the same.
You then introduced yet more terms and conditions but I still paid the same.
Now I have used 53gb this month (15gb peak) and my http downloads are stuck at 32kb/sec.P2P is unuseable.To sum it up,your service is a joke.

Maybe I should stick to using your service just for browsing and email?This is not what I originally chose you for! I like most other people have discovered the world beyond www...Does ftp mean anything to you narrow minded morons?

I have recommended you to many of my friends and now I look like a fool.
I would like to leave your sorry establishment for a better ISP (in fact one that doesnt move goalposts in the middle of a game)but you will not let me leave due to the excessive charges that keep me tethered to you.

Come the 12 month period i will leave and take the people that I reccommmended to you with me.They are better off without you.
16 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

whats going on?

Just a note, some of the comments you have made are not really acceptable here. Please keep it friendly.

Cheers!
thunderbird30
Grafter

whats going on?

why should be friendly? I cant get the services that I signed up for! Would you be friendly if you were in my ( and a lot more people) position?
LiamM
Grafter

whats going on?

What have I or any of the other members here done to you?

There's no need to come here shouting off. If you have a complaint, use an official method of support or complaints procedure. Thats going to help you much better than coming on here ranting away.

If you have any genuine issues or questions, then let us know and we'll try and help you. Otherwise, if you wish to just come on here to have a go at Plusnet / Plusnet staff, you'll swiftly find yourself asked to leave.

This is not an official support medium.
N/A

whats going on?

Jonhunter,

I have to agree with Liam, although situations and events can anger you, I and others it is not fair or decent to appear rude ( i chose rude and appear as I am not accusing merely voicing my opinion ).

If you keep it pleasant then more people would be willing to help a lot more. Or so I believe.

Regards,
LiamM
Grafter

whats going on?

It was mainly the morons bit that got me....

Anyway... we're all here to help. If you're having any issues, perhaps we can help you?
N/A

whats going on?

Yer I figured that it would have sparked something.

But I think its the use of the word and the context in which it was used makes it more.....well it has a bigger impact.

Regards,
N/A

whats going on?

I can understand his frustration. Plusnet has changed a lot of things and they promised to keep us informed., before a situation occured, the ticket system gives short line answers not always solving or answering the problem. Their seems to be a distinct lack of answers on the forums, I hope this is due to the holiday period.

Who can he get mad at. If he does it in a ticket, it will be ignored, on the phone it will be dissconnected. This used to be a feed back forum. Yes their might be a chance someone can help him, but I think we need to hear a solution from Plusnet, whatever they are doing, it is effecting lots of people.
thunderbird30
Grafter

whats going on?

Firstly let me apologise for the use of the word Moron.It was used in a fit of extreme frustration to what has happened to me and others.
Surely the powers that be can see whats happening to us?

I've been reading the posts of some users and I must admit to being baffled by the amount of users that say" I only use 6gb (for example) a month.The limits imposed by plusnet do not affect these users .....YET!

When video streaming and other bandwidth hungry technologies come fully into effect,these users will start to feel how I and others are feeling now.

I have no problems for paying for what I use.I'll gladly do that.In fact that is exactly what I did when I upgraded my service from BB+ to BB premier.My problem is that a few months after doing it,Plusnet implemented restrictions.
If I pay more to improve my service,how long will it be until more restrictions are installed?

Maybe I should have used another word?
N/A

whats going on?

Jon, I completely understand your frustration. Plusnet are messing their paying customers about royally. If anyone is to blame for outbursts, it's Plusnet.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

whats going on?

When video streaming and other bandwidth hungry technologies come fully into effect,these users will start to feel how I and others are feeling now.

We're fully aware that people will be using more and more emerging technologies like VoIP and TVoIP and that will require more bandwidth and low latencies. This sort of thing is one of the driving factors in making the managed platform that we are making now, so that people will be able to enjoy these services without a minority of cusotmers using their connections in a way that would detrimentally affect the service recieved by the majority.
N/A

rulez

Hi
Well I use chat progs, voip telephoney and online gaming, on a wireless home network, your new policies effect my services at certain times of the day which in my opinion borders making the product unfit for the purpose it was sold for.
I am aware that as i dont use p2p (although i think my son downloads mp3 on itunes) and nobody in house uses bit-torrent (whatever that is). but once you get rid of them you may come after me. I hope there are enough users who only use internet for emails and checking train times left at the end to still make you profitable.
I respectfully suggest that any future adverts you have don't suggest your service is ideal for uses that 6 months later you try to ban.
Wonder how many users new years resolution will involve getting mac code!
regards
Satellite
Community Veteran

whats going on?

Bit-torrent is a p2p protocol and client
N/A

whats going on?

i think PN will find that slowly over the next month or 2 it will be losing alot of their customers, mainly the ones that do not read the forum or ACTUALLY know this is going on, i've been with them a month and I may be leaving at the end of this month or asap. I'm not exactly sure if PN think they can get away with it, i'm sure with what users are left they will be still turning a profit, but this is corparate suicide in my honest opinion
Community Veteran

whats going on?

With over 150,000 broadband customers at the last count (that's at least 13,000 more than the figures published in End Sept and may be even higher now as that 150K figure was known about last month) suggests otherwise.