Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the hell r u playing at plus.net

blaze30682
Grafter

5 diconections since yesterday,

and before u say it my end it aint, ive tested it on another ip and no probs at all.

think its time u get off ure butts and sort things out.
29 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

There are ways of getting things done and then there are ways to ensure that people ignore you.

You nearly chose the latter.

Firstly, disconnects are very seldom the fault of the isp. When your connection drops does the link / adsl light on your modem router go out, flash or stay lit and constant?
James
Grafter

Hi Blaze,

Given that you've said that you've tested your equipment elsewhere, did you use both your existing router/modem and filter? Common causes of intermittency are faulty hardware or wiring. It might be an idea for you to remove the faceplate from your master socket, and insert the filter into the test socket on the bottom half. That way, you prove connectivity or lack of to the master socket, ensuring that everything else is unplugged. Failing that, it would probably suggest an issue at the exchange or on your line.
blaze30682
Grafter

i used all my normal things, i.e. router and filter and no probs.

ill phone bt and get them to to a line check as well just to be safe as im not the only 1 in my area on plus.net that are having this prob.

so could be exchange.
N/A

Hi there,

Just bear in mind that if you phone BT they will only be able to run a check on the voice side of your line not the adsl part.

Only PN can sort that side for you.
James
Grafter

Yup.

Once you've done the test socket thing, best bet would be to contact Plusnet, stating everything that's been done. Al the tests that BT would initially ask for have been completed already.
N/A

Hi Blaze,

you may find the following tutorials helpful and should allow you to complete some of the tests and checks before contacting the CSC.

ADSL Trouble Shooting

ADSL Wiring and Filters

If you already know this stuff then accept my apologies but it does help in most cases. Smiley
N/A

blaze30682,
Whereabouts are you?
I'm near Burnley and mine also dropped out loads of times yesterday night.
blaze30682
Grafter

i have done test myself and have phoned bt , they have also done tests and they say my line has no problems, my speeds show no probs and i am not on ne management.

yet still i am getting disconnected randomly.

started yesterday and it has happend a total of 7 times since then now.

should i open a ticket now? or what should be my next course of action.

p.s

i am from south east kent
N/A

Hi,

As stated, BT retail can only check the voice side of you line.

If you have read the tutorials linked above and carried out all the tests and checks mentioned and are still having problems, then yes raise a ticket.

Bear in mind, that if you dont carry out the checks and BT subsequently find that the fault lies with you internal wiring, filters or equipment, you maybe liable for a hefty charge.

Good luck getting it sorted.
blaze30682
Grafter

.A second test login exists to show whether the connection between you and PlusNet is working. If you can connect to this, it proves that the BT ADSL network is working correctly and any connection problem lies within the PlusNet system itself, although we do see many cases where people have been originally trying the wrong username or their modem is sending the wrong password, so this should be double checked before logging a fault with support

just performed this test and no prob.

so from what it sez means its plus.nets end.
N/A

Hi there,

Just to clarify, so that we know we're using the right tests.

Is it fair to say that you have an intermittent connetcion problem?

When you get disconnected, does the link . adsl light on your modem router go out / flash / or stay steady?
James
Grafter

I'd ignore that result. The connection is currently working, but it's also intermittent. Do all the standard checks and raise the ticket and we'll send it off to BT for you. Bear in mind BT normally take upto about 48 hours to respond.
blaze30682
Grafter

done all tests all show fine.

next time i discon ill make a note of the router lights to be sure.

if still persists ill raise a ticket
Community Veteran

is it possible that the intermitant disconnections could be related to the problem back in Octobet where netgear routers and various other routers were getting disconnected randomly as the PN network wasn't replying to Pings quick enough