cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the hell is going on

N/A

just been having a look at the forum and reading a few topics due to get a 'first level warning' about my broadband premier so now what i understand 8AM TO 12PM now classed as peak time useage? what the hell is that all about i never got any warning of this surly plusnet has now broken the contract i agreed on when i signed up can somebody please give me a clear answer to this

so now because plusnet never give me any warning im going to be stuck with a slow service for the next week plusnet has always said to try and do large downloads after 12 at night this is what ive done then i just turn off downloading before the normal peak time this is geting so stupid now
36 REPLIES
N/A

You have gone over the peak time clean to P2P allowances now your P2P speeds will be managed to regulate your overuse of P2P, Usenet or FTP downloads.

This has been a temporary change to the times for P2P type downloads only in order to help speed up browsing and other services for people who do not want to hog all the bandwidth using P2P excessivly, these times should be bought back in line if you are a premier customer untill 4pm-Midnight once the automation of the system is completed.
N/A

so now i lead to beleave that 8am to 12pm is peak time and 4pm to 12pm is now peak time as far as im concered i never agreed to these conditions so therefore i should be able to leave this isp without on penalitys correct? i would like a member of plus net mod's or support to give me an answer
N/A

Well you had 14 days to leave after the change in the terms and conditions this timeframe has been exceeded so you would have to pay both the defered costs and the outstanding fees I believe.

Also I am not sure if the P2P management is a get out clause like the SUP violations are but it will say in the email if that is the case, if it is then you will not have to pay outstanding contract fees (the rest of your 12 months) but of course the agreement you made under the "you stay we pay" offer for your modem and activation will still be due unless you chose to pay these up front or signed up under an older offer.
N/A

im sorry but when was these 14 days i was not informed about these changes infact ive just had a look at my last emails from plus net and there is nothing about adding another 8am to 12pm peak time useage being added
N/A

My appologies I can't seam to find any reference to the exact date but can confirm it was before my signup date which was 18 Jan 2006 because I remember reading about it then, either way it is longer than 14 days ago since they introduced it.
N/A

These new Terms and Conditions will replace all existing Terms and Conditions on Friday 16th September 2005. We will assume that you accept these new Terms and Conditions unless you contact us by this date to indicate otherwise. If you do not wish to accept these new Terms and Conditions please use the Contact Us tool.

this was recieved by me on 25-8-05.

Me thinks this was the last change to t&c's when all were given notice.
N/A

I posted up whats been going on with Plusnet on a major MMORPG forum, what conditions they have now and what problems we have had over the last 6 months in a fair and truthful way. The reaction from ppl was very interesting.

I pretty much think word about PN is now getting around and will continue to do so.
JonathanW
Grafter

The Clean To traffic management isn't a change to the terms and conditions, but simply a clarification of the existing AUP to better inform people about how we manage traffic through our network during peak hours.

This was emailed out to all residential customers, in an informative email, during January so that everyone was aware of the management. Though it has been in place since the start of December.
N/A

i think im going blind i cant find anything in my email box saying that there is going to be added 8am to 12 peak time usage

anyway planing on leave plusnet pretty soon all the these limits thats geting put on are accounts is geting silly wished i never left aol now
N/A

Anyway planing on leave plusnet pretty soon all the these limits thats geting put on are accounts is geting silly wished i never left aol now

LMAO, AOL humz, nothing plus.net has done that I have seen on this forums can beat the many reports I have heard about AOL tbh and I have heard many reports about both of them ok, so that comment there was probably made for dramatic effect but lets not go to extremes here nobody can even close to as poor as AOL.
N/A

the only problem with AOL is the poor customer service i spent almost a year trying to get my account upgraded to 2mb and plus.net did it in a week

the overall speed of aol was great id always get the max out of my connection 24/7 plus with aol you dont have to worry aboiut what times you are downloading and how much but with plus.net you dont know where you sand they change how much and what times you can download to much which has left me pretty angry and not knowing what i can do and cant do
N/A

the only problem with AOL is the poor customer service i spent almost a year trying to get my account upgraded to 2mb and plus.net did it in a week.

What about their bloated & buggy so called software?

And I must say don't remind me of AOL customer services, was forced to use them once when I still lived with my parents although I was usually the one who had to argue with AOL on the phone and explain to their staff how to do their job because they did not have a clue :!:
N/A

you dont have to install there software if you have a half decent router Smiley i had aol without using the software/browser for almost 2 years Smiley
N/A

What about their bloated & buggy so called software?

Agreed the software is rubbish and buggy. Customer services have a rating of -10 on AG.

I will give credit where credit is due though the speed never faltered with AOL.
I got to a stage where I stopped using the software and connected to BB via the method that the voyager 105 uses with plusnet.
Then I fobbed AOL off and came to Plusnet. I needed static, more permanent. I needed a call center within 30 minutes travel of me just in case I got too outraged and needed to throttle the rep I was speaking too ( that last bit is a joke btw :lol: ).

Plusnet is good and credit is due. But like AOL there are things which "DO" need improving.

Anyway when are you guys finally going to fit these opteron servers in for the mysql servers. These here portals are getting slower by the minute :lol:

Regards,