cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do i have to do to speak to someone on phone?

bluestinger
Grafter

I would like to speak to someone from customer services.

I have tried the number but after about 15 options i constantly get told to visit the website!!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO VISIT THE WEBSITE HENCE ME PHONING FFS!!!!!!!

I'm paying £30 a month and i expect plusnet to provide customer support.

PLEASE can anyone tell me a way that someone will actually answer the phone??

If not i'm leaving this muppet ISP ASAP.

EDIT: Basically i want to drop my package down to 4mb from 8mb. I have never ever gotten speeds over 3mb anyway.

Trouble is if i downgrade then PN will charge me. Even though they simply cannot provide the service i pay for. So i want to phone them and make sure there is no charge.
27 REPLIES
N/A

Telephone number then options 1,1,2 The options are totally wrong for what I need to speak about but it's the only one i've found that gets me into a queue for a person.

48mins on hold so far...
James
Grafter

Hi,

You've always been on the (what used to be) 4mbps product, from what I can tell. It is now sold as Premier Option 2.

You were never on the legacy 8mbps product.
bluestinger
Grafter

Hi,

You've always been on the (what used to be) 4mbps product, from what I can tell. It is now sold as Premier Option 2.

You were never on the legacy 8mbps product.

Ahhh so thats why i have always had speeds of around 3mb.

The thing is i was supposed to be upgraded to 'upto 8mb' free of charge. I have emails from PN to prove it.

So now you're telling me i never actually had that 'free' upgrade? That i have actually only been getting what i paid for and not what i was promised?

Here's a quote from a PN email recieved 3rd April '06

This is an email from PlusNet to let you know about changes to your
product, as announced in our recent newsletter.

Your PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 4Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem)
product is now known as PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 2 (Annual
Contract, No Modem).

We'll also automatically upgrade you to up to 8Mb broadband - this should
take place over the coming months. Once done, we'll email you again to
confirm the good news and let you know some important details about
high-speed broadband.

At first i was on the £21.99 2mb premier service and was told i would get a free upgrade to 'upto 4mb' once the new maxdsl was sorted earlier in year.
I then upgraded myself to 'upto 4mb' by uping my payment to £29.99 after being told (and confirmed by email) that i would then get the 'free' upgrade to 'upto 8mb'

I already know i'm on the Premier option 2 package. I just assumed it was because thats all i was paying after my 'upto 8mb' 'free' upgrade.

I hope we can get to the bottom of this asap.

Thanks
rob1969
Grafter

I am having a disconnection every 3 mins and a speed of less than 1.5 mb,When I am paying 29,99 for a premier upto 8 mb account,I cant get through to plusnet premium rate help phone line,What the blazes is going on here? I cant believe that the customer service is so bad and why the service is so shoddy in general? How long do Plusnet expect to get away with the pathetic service(if thats the right word?) I have been with PN for several years and in the last few mths the service has been pathetic to say the least. Why? Why is this happening? I work in a pc upgrade shop and I have recommended PN to countless customers...What a muppett I am!
I used to swear by Pn`s service...Now I just swear about it.

well this has taken me about 1 and a half minutes to write and I have had 2 disconnects in that time. PATHETIC AND COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE,GET YOUR FINGERS OUT AND GIVE ME AND THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS SOMETHING FOR OUR MONEY,or maybe just admit defeat and admit that you cant give us a service anymore and maybe we can go and find a more reliable ISP.
bluestinger
Grafter

Why has noone from PN answered?

I could've gotten a 4mb connection whilst still paying £21.99 but was conned into paying £29.99 for the exact same service. So it looks like i'm owed a fair few quid back from PN!

I want this sorted. Disgustingly the only way i can contact my ISP is via a chat forum.
Tiger50
Grafter

Hi,

I understand what you are going through..........

Look at this thread........these guys are having much the same............

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46052

PN have really gone down hill..........
James
Grafter

Sorry! Had to sleep!

You ARE on an 8mbps product. The fact that you are unable to gain speeds higher than you currently are doing, is likely to be down to exchange contention.
bluestinger
Grafter

Sorry! Had to sleep!

You ARE on an 8mbps product. The fact that you are unable to gain speeds higher than you currently are doing, is likely to be down to exchange contention.

Thanks for lookinbg into it.

So i am on 8mb but struggling to get 4mb. So i want to drop to 4mb (£21.99) just like i said in my first post.

So how do i go about this seeing as the only form of communication is these boards? I don't want to have to pay a downgrade fee and i want 4mb for £21.99 a month like i was offered to start with.

Can you help here?

Thanks again
bluestinger
Grafter

Erm hello?

So you can't help and now you're ignoring me and hope i go away yes?

Sorry to be a pain but i want this sorted.

I cannot contact anyone from PN, atall. PLEASE do something that will actually help me.
James
Grafter

Not trying to avoid you. You might have noticed there have been lots of posts in here recently, meaning that I do miss some posts.

I'll see what we can sort out for you.
bluestinger
Grafter

Thankyou.

Off to work now so will check back tonight.
rob1969
Grafter

This is the result of my most recent speed test, I have had a question via fault checker for nearly 3 days! It says at the end of doing the checker that an answer will be given within 2 hrs what a joke PN is turning out to be,I can not believe that having been with PN for several years that they are treating me so badly,I know Im not the only one,But if they cant keep up with faults and customer queries,I think that maybe they are not equiped to run a ISP are they?

My latest speedtest.
1.41 Mbps

Which means you can download at 180.15 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.
N/A

1.41Mbps..? wow! Smiley glares in amazement.
Im getting 260kbps and still waiting too
N/A

The new methods to contact support was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Slow speeds (speed test suggests 138kbps), slow response from support staff, and no easy way to talk to a person has pushed me over the edge.

TBH, I joined Plus net on the premise that the support/Speeds/price was excellent compared to the rest. Unfortunately it never materialised, and its coming to a point, where a 56k modem is cheaper/faster than this so called Broaband connection. Sad

From next week im off to a new ISP....and rest assured, i will never bother plus net again.