cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website stats

N/A

website stats

Hello
I've setup my website, now I want to monitor bandwidth usage to check I'm not going over (being optomistic here!!) - I can't figure out the website stats - what do i need to be looking for to see how I'm doing ?? Lots of pretty graphs but nothing that seems to make much sense!

rob
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

website stats

Probably because it does not show daily traffic figures. i.e. the webstats as PlusNet supply can't show your daily stats so is useless for monitoring daily traffic to your site.

What you really need is something like this:

http://cgi.tutorialsteam.plus.com/webalizer/www/

Just click on any month and it will show daily stats.

To get this you will have to generate the webstats yourself by asking for raw webstats logs to be generated via contact us ticket then reading the following tutorial:

CGI: Setting up Webstats - Webalizer
Community Veteran

website stats

I've got to contradict that Peter! :?

The normal stats in graphic form show you the traffic by the hour as well as by the day. How many kBytes used etc.
Also which folders and files are the popular ones.
In fact thay are a mine of information.
Its just getting your head round them and making sense of them thats the hard part due to the amount of info avalable.
Community Veteran

website stats

Well mine don't show daily stats and never have done hence why I said what I did.

It appears you are getting different info to me, why, I have no idea.
Community Veteran

website stats

Yes if I click on the month then it shows me a chart for each day of the month along with daily tables listing bandwith max and average.
It also shows which hours are the busiest.

Loads of info there even what people have enetred into search engines to find the site.

This is all under the icon labled "Advanced webstats" in the website settings part of the forum
Community Veteran

website stats

This is all under the icon labled "Advanced webstats" in the website settings part of the forum

Ah :idea: Mine just says "standard webstats" - maybe it's because I'm on homesurf.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

website stats

[Ah :idea: Mine just says "standard webstats" - maybe it's because I'm on homesurf.

That's right Peter. You have a different account component.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵