cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

websapce used.

N/A

websapce used.

hi. is there a problem with the websapce used part of the portal? i ask this because it says i am using 0 mb yet i know i am using more than that.
13 REPLIES
N/A

websapce used.

This counter currently only measures your usage of the regular WWW server (www.USERNAME.plus.com) - if you're using space on the CGI or FP servers, it will not show these (though they do count towards your webspace limit).
N/A

websapce used.

i havent used any of the cgi space as yet. ( i am not actually on +net yet. waiting for migration to go through ( december 16th ) ) could this be the reason? the webstats are working fine
N/A

websapce used.

So your files are on the regular WWW server? I.E. on www.peddyr.plus.com ? If so, then how long ago did you start uploading files? It may take a little while for the Website Use script to update.
N/A

websapce used.

yes files are on www.peddyr.plus.com first files where uploaded on 19th nov
N/A

websapce used.

Just a thought, I think this may be something to do with the fact you are using the temporary dial-up while waiting for the ADSL to go live. I expect, that until your ADSL account is activated, you will see this problem.
N/A

websapce used.

i am using adsl just i am using a different isp ( zen ). but i think u may have a point.

just i dont know why it is doing it. surely it just uses a Quota system?
Ianwild
Grafter

websapce used.

Hi,

There are no hard quotas set on the service. There is a script that ruins twice daily which populates this data, but it only runs on active accounts. Your account, if ADSL is not active yet, wil be in a queued-activate state and as such won't get checked by this script. As soon as your ADSL account with us goes live, this will update.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

websapce used.

I've recently migrated from Zen, and it didn't show any space used until my migration to PN was activated. Otherwise it was fine, and good to be able to sort things out ahead of time.
N/A

websapce used.

thanks for that, thought it must be something simple
Community Veteran

websapce used.

There is a script that ruins twice daily which populates this data

So that explains why it's always zero Cheesy

Sorry could not resist that one. Wink

(waiting impatiently for my migration to +net to complete :roll: )
Ianwild
Grafter

websapce used.

Whoops... My skill is that I can type very fast, although no one ever understands it!
N/A

websapce used.

All the right keys but not necessarily in the right order Ian?
(acknowledgements to Morcombe and Wise)

Regards,

Brian
Ianwild
Grafter

websapce used.

Apart from two inherent issues I have with the words experienced and maintenance. When I use them, I always have to remember to spell check. I blame my education...

Ian